Sonic Titan Advice please

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Kayzer

Post by Kayzer »

Soooo I just received the current Golden Titan –Dark- which was up for the grabs at downstroke lately (thanks to High Noon for the neat trade…)
I already own a Purple Titan from February 2009 which leads me to my first question is it a blues or a dark one? Its not a pre 09 one so I thought it’s a Dark but its definitely different to my purple one…

The Purple one has more gain and output while the Dark one is a tad bit more bass heavy with less gain and less output?!

Demos are coming up over the weekend but before i post them i would love to hear whats going on there...

Layter
+350 pedal demos from hell
http://www.youtube.com/xtimehascomex
Jules

Re: Sonic Titan Advice please

Post by Jules »

I may be wrong but I thought that any Titans pre June 09 were 'blues' ones.
"Never underestimate the power of denial"
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

I can help. Shall I pm you my address and you can send them both to me? I'll need them for a year or two though - if that's ok with you?
High Noon

Post by High Noon »

Looking forward to your demo of the Gold Titan Dennis!
GuitarOtoko

Post by GuitarOtoko »

Im sure it was sometime early 09 the titans went dark.

Ive got an older starlight blue Dark Titan and one of the Gold titans, the gold sounds a bit different and definitely has a little less output but it just has a certain magic something and is my favourite pedal now :badteeth:

The difference between them is only small though, in comparison the difference between one of them and an older hammerite titan is far greater! Id definitely say both are darks but may just sound a bit different, i think if the purple one was a blues one the difference would be much greater. Either way titans rock! :smashed:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Edit: Moved from This and That to here :party:

Okay so, the Gold's are Dark or the Full Range Titans. They were built exactly as previous units but I am aware a few folk are reporting different behaviour from them. I'm kinda in the dark (heh) about it right now. I will have a solid answer in matter of days as to the issue....if there is one. All I can figure right now is that the JFET's are somehow displaying different behaviour for what ever reason. :hmm:

BTW - I'll be addressing this whole Dark/Blues/Standard tag line confusing bullshit soon enough. Fine tuning the D*A*M machine part III...
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

I'm loving my recently acquired Gold Titan, it seems perfectly dark for me. Just enough so to take the edge off when I'm using my Tele or Strat. And not too dark to lose definition with a Les Paul. Just perfect!
Xan :)
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Cool, cool. Cheers for your input Xan :tu:
odelay8503

Post by odelay8503 »

I will second that Gold Titan love. I was under the impression that I simply didn't like overdrives anymore. After all of the good things I had heard about the Titan, I jumped at the chance to pick one up from Downstroke. This beast has made me realize that I've finally found what I'm looking for in an OD. It really sings with my Glendale Tele.
Peace, Love, and Tits