Would you trade this for this?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

theanalogdream

Would you trade this for this?

Post by theanalogdream »

I have a DAM/Sola MKII from Anthony that I really like, but want to try more of the vox type tonebender.
A gentleman is offering me a sixties v282 vox tonebender which is exactly what I'm looking for.
He wants to do a straight up trade...it's very very clean, and he's selling it for $400, but I don't think that's as much as I could get for my Sola...
Your thoughts?

Ideally I'd like to trade it for a DAM 1966...
Scott

Post by Scott »

you mean a V828?
theanalogdream

Post by theanalogdream »

yeah, sorry my bad...What do you think Scott? Fair trade or nah?
Scott

Post by Scott »

well i believe that the free market will bear a couple hundred dollars more for your DAM sola sound MK2 over the V8282. Lately, those have been topping out at about 400 and maybe up to 500 in exceptional condition. You might want to mention that to him, then ask him for a couple hundred bucks
more, along with the trade, to balance things out monetarily. But if not of that matters to you, then go for it. I have a V828, built in 1969, kind of beat up, but i love that damn pedal. It has an incredible raspy, fuzzy mojo to it. Of course we all know how smooth and amazing the DAM sola sound is. You could try and sell your DAM sola sound and see what you get, over the other guy's 400 dollar asking price, then buy his and keep the rest for yourself. Hope i've been of some assistance.
AGuitarPlayer

Post by AGuitarPlayer »

I would not make that trade straight up.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

I wouldn't do that deal. You can buy a v828 for ~$300-400. The DAM/Sola $600+
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

yeah man I wouldnt do it either. The old TB's pop up from time to time on ebay for decent prices. Keep the MKII save up a little and you got both
6strung

Re: Would you trade this for this?

Post by 6strung »

don't do it. If the vox has the goods, its could/should fetch more than $400. That's only an opinion, but that seems cheap for a somewhat unique pedal, don't you think?
With Enough Courage You can do Without a Good Reputation.