Super Bee against 66 Bee

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

Super Bee against 66 Bee

Post by innerflight »

Just got a 66 and the Bee mode is booming, bassy and :headpop: so having never played through a Super Bee before are they all like that? Whats the difference between the Bee and the 66 Bee mode?
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Funky Druid

Re: Super Bee against 66 Bee

Post by Funky Druid »

Super Bee is darker a bit and more balanced if I remember correctly when Bee mode in 66 is brigher and raspier (at least in older 66).
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

My bees have more gain and bottom end then my 66s. The 66s clean up more like a fuzz face when you roll down the guitar volume - if you are into that. The bees on the other hand behave more like a Mkii when you roll down the guitar - not so much clean up - but different degrees of drive. ...still planning the big bee and 66 video shoot out ;-)
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Cheers for replying dudes, yeah had a wee search for some shoot out vids but couldn't find any, looks like I need to grab one and check it out
’brutish in character but not thug like’
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re:

Post by anemochore »

norhyme wrote:My bees have more gain and bottom end then my 66s. The 66s clean up more like a fuzz face when you roll down the guitar volume - if you are into that. The bees on the other hand behave more like a Mkii when you roll down the guitar - not so much clean up - but different degrees of drive. ...still planning the big bee and 66 video shoot out ;-)
That pretty much sums it up. Ended up trading mine away because I found the '66 more suited to my needs. But after now having learned the different nuances of Fuzz, finding that sweet spot, "Want!" is still in the background.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I was suprised by the Bee setting on the 1966. I used to have a small box bee and it was much woolier and darker than the '66.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Would also like to mention that the bee mode in the 2010 run of the '66 has a bit more low end than the previous run. The earlier one that I got to try out had a bit more of the rasp.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Darker for sure, more bass. A bit different of an animal really and makes it worth owning both Id say... Hehe. For me the super bee was a tad too dark for my rig but if you like it low and heavy it may just be perfect!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hazelgoatee

Re:

Post by hazelgoatee »

norhyme wrote:My bees have more gain and bottom end then my 66s. The 66s clean up more like a fuzz face when you roll down the guitar volume - if you are into that. The bees on the other hand behave more like a Mkii when you roll down the guitar - not so much clean up - but different degrees of drive. ...still planning the big bee and 66 video shoot out ;-)
:cheers: and I feel the both clean up well.