Start Your Engines!!

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Re: Start Your Engines!!

Post by kb892 »

The Captain wrote:Image
shit, i was so distracted by the pam grier flanger that i totally missed this!

NICE :badlove: :badlove: :badlove:
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

:stalker:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

zzzzzZZZZzzzzz.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ...... :fuckoff:
AVAVAV

Post by AVAVAV »

Those gut shots are Bee-utiful!

Hope these are getting closer and looking forward to the details for scoring one...

Al
fortran106

Post by fortran106 »

I'm getting seriously excited about this. I can't wait to find out how to get hold of one of these. Great work as always Captain.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

The Captain wrote:If, and its a big one, I ever did the PCB thing again I think I'd do what Bjorn has done with Mad Professor and use a different company name. I think that works really well.
BJ does all the "creative" stuff under the BJFE name and the mass produced stuff under the Mad Professor name. Under the BJFE name you get hand-wired pedals, "custom" pedals for your specific rig and research pedals just to see if something different may be interesting. However, if a pedal becomes "popular" the circuit moves out of the BJFE line and then gets mass produced via Mad Professor. There are good/bad points from both the D*A*M/BJFE business models and I am sure both guys would like an easier/richer life at times...
duende

Post by duende »

The Captain wrote:Maybe I was being a little too dramatic :hihi: I only say that as I swore to myself I'd never do the PCB thing so I guess that's where I feel it was a mistake. I'm quite disciplined in other areas of my life so in some ways I felt I'd let myslef down and gone the the 'normal' route of evolving into mass production rather than stinking to my guns regardless how pig headed they may be.

The group shot was just a little celebration of having a new small box to the gang, it was a nice feeling to have a new but familiar looking pedal at the same time. :tu:

Any ways, no PCB's here, just the same old school flavours :marx:

The new little boxes are sexier than hell! :tu:

I'm dying to compare the new Bee against my old '66! :listening:

Thanks for the pic Dave and I totally understand the need to stick to your guns. Far be it for me to ask anyone to be normal!! :badteeth: :cyclops: :smashed:
:cheers:
dazed and confused

Post by dazed and confused »

That is very cool work indeed. Damn hard squeezing all that wiring and components into a small enclosure whilst keeping it looking so nice tidy.
duende

Post by duende »

Sickle wrote:
dazed and confused wrote:That is very cool work indeed. Damn hard squeezing all that wiring and components into a small enclosure whilst keeping it looking so nice tidy.
Fucking A right it is, I'm amazed at David and Linzi's acrobatics. Can't believe they both don't have arthritis already with all that squeezing!!

:headpop:
You are so right! Workin' the fingers like that makes for some serious ham-fisted guitar playing.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Sickle wrote:Can't believe they both don't have arthritis already with all that squeezing!!
So many joke...so little time... :hihi: