super bee number twenty three

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

JP30

Re: super bee number twenty three

Post by JP30 »

redeyeflight wrote:A killer combo for fuzzy gigs would be the super bee and the drag n fly. Super bee: smoooth, warm, fat. Drag N fly: more top and cutting. :party:
so, super bee is like smoother/darker than Drag'nF with little more bass? :badteeth:

i am still wating a word from V&R for mine . . :coffee:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

JP30 wrote:
redeyeflight wrote:A killer combo for fuzzy gigs would be the super bee and the drag n fly. Super bee: smoooth, warm, fat. Drag N fly: more top and cutting. :party:
so, super bee is like smoother/darker than Drag'nF with little more bass? :badteeth:

i am still wating a word from V&R for mine . . :coffee:
yea, def smoother and darker, and I'd say a bit more bass as well. The DnF gots more fizz and punch. They both have a similar amount of fatness. They complement each other very well. I'd say that they both have a bit of fuzz face in thier voice (the DnF a little more so) and the Super Bee leans a bit more towards the MK II side of things and the DnF a bit more lean to the 66 side of things. I know the Super Bee is more of a 66-based circuit but IMO its tone is closer to my DAM/Sola MK II than my 66. These will both be going on my new board I'm assembling! :party:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I am gussing .... it would be several weeks before i get mine . . .

I will have a chance to drive over to Sickle's place and play with it next month. :captain:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

JP30 wrote:I am gussing .... it would be several weeks before i get mine . . . :captain:
I have been patiently waiting for the e-mail from V&R for awhile now and I got in the first day they announced. I hope I didn't get passed over :errr: I am really wanting to try that SB out.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

1bottlerocket wrote:
JP30 wrote:I am gussing .... it would be several weeks before i get mine . . . :captain:
I have been patiently waiting for the e-mail from V&R for awhile now and I got in the first day they announced. I hope I didn't get passed over :errr: I am really wanting to try that SB out.
ditto!
I am sure the email will come :^) :dance:
L O V E
ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

1bottlerocket wrote:
The same for me,I got in the first hours of the announcement ,and still no mail :scared:
happiass

Post by happiass »

ufoclub wrote:
1bottlerocket wrote:
The same for me,I got in the first hours of the announcement ,and still no mail :scared:
Same here as well, I'm sure they'll get to us eventually. :coffee: Those first few hours were probably pretty crazy.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Yea, I believe there was a LOT of folks who wanted to get thier hands on one of these. I put in an inquiry for a drag n fly right around the same time as a super bee and my name has not yet been called for the fly (but I just got one here so when it does somebody else behind me will get bumped up...I don't need 2!). The V &R guys seem to be on top of it so it's probably just a simple case of supply and demand.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

ufoclub wrote: The same for me,I got in the first hours of the announcement ,and still no mail :scared:
Joe from V&R Pm'd me, (thanks!) he indicated they are still working in the first day of the list! Pretty crazy but you all are right, V&R is on top of it.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

1bottlerocket wrote:
ufoclub wrote: The same for me,I got in the first hours of the announcement ,and still no mail :scared:
Joe from V&R Pm'd me, (thanks!) he indicated they are still working in the first day of the list! Pretty crazy but you all are right, V&R is on top of it.
yeh he is the man
top notch service

I am a lil down the list but no worries :freakout:
L O V E