black super bee ...

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

i love sharin foo

Re: Re:

Post by i love sharin foo »

professor plum wrote:
slomatic wrote:That does look really cool. Mine is sparkly orange, but to be honest even though it's damn sexy I wouldn't give a shit if it was magnolia wood-chip on the case, it's what's under the hood that counts....and the Bee is just absolutely awesome!! Just the greatest tone imaginable. I'm finally coming to terms with what looks like a fuzz which topples the Meathead as my all time fave. I can't get enough Bee!!!!
more than the meathead? between you, D, and justin it was the meathead fan club! i wasnt super intrigued by the bee just because i figured i had those kinda sounds pretty well covered and didn't need to wreck my wallet any more than it is, but you have sparked my interest! (not that i need to wreck my wallet anymore than it is! :choke: )

Slo Dave speaks the truth!

I really love my Bee too. It hasn't replaced my Meatheads, but is a damn fine supplement to them :marx: It has such a well rounded tone that you can cover lots of ground with it. With an amp that is already breaking up (either a little or a lot), it melts right into the amps tone. I love it!

I have been running just my black n gold Meathead and my white Ram Head into my RE-101 and it sounds ferocious. This thread has inspired my to pull out the Bee and hook it up :headbanger:
professor plum

Re: Re:

Post by professor plum »

i love sharin foo wrote:
professor plum wrote:
slomatic wrote:That does look really cool. Mine is sparkly orange, but to be honest even though it's damn sexy I wouldn't give a shit if it was magnolia wood-chip on the case, it's what's under the hood that counts....and the Bee is just absolutely awesome!! Just the greatest tone imaginable. I'm finally coming to terms with what looks like a fuzz which topples the Meathead as my all time fave. I can't get enough Bee!!!!
more than the meathead? between you, D, and justin it was the meathead fan club! i wasnt super intrigued by the bee just because i figured i had those kinda sounds pretty well covered and didn't need to wreck my wallet any more than it is, but you have sparked my interest! (not that i need to wreck my wallet anymore than it is! :choke: )

Slo Dave speaks the truth!

I really love my Bee too. It hasn't replaced my Meatheads, but is a damn fine supplement to them :marx: It has such a well rounded tone that you can cover lots of ground with it. With an amp that is already breaking up (either a little or a lot), it melts right into the amps tone. I love it!

I have been running just my black n gold Meathead and my white Ram Head into my RE-101 and it sounds ferocious. This thread has inspired my to pull out the Bee and hook it up :headbanger:
your not helping bro. :hihi:
analog love <3/
hunkowood

Post by hunkowood »

This week. :impatient:

Hunk
Always looking to buy vintage analog devices
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

seriously Plum, you need one. Don't get me wrong, my love for the MH will never diminish! I have space for two fuzzes on my board, and always tended to find that no matter what I put on there, the MH saw 90% of the action. With the Bee in place, I'm using it at least half the time - it just provides a very complimentary partner to the meat. More focussed, tighter and absolutely perfect for heavy riffs. Not as wild as the Dark, which means the MH sounds even more wild when I step on it for the mega-doomy stuff. For me, there is just something in the tone of the Bee (and bear in mind there is no TONE knob, it's just some D*A*M magic in there!!) which sounds...dare I say "musical" no matter how it's set. It's almost like the Bee contains all the best bits of the MKII, Fuzzface and Meathead, and then adds something special on top. I really can't rave about it enough. nothing came close to the original dark Meathead for me for 5 years, and then along came the Bee. It's just an essential pedal as far as I'm concerned!
Volume over talent
Doctor X

Re: black super bee ...

Post by Doctor X »

Yes, the bee is awesome! I've only had mine for about an hour and a half but have to agree with Slomatic when he says that it sounds great no matter where the knobs are set!

I got super bee #60 with Mullard OC76/OC71 in satin black.

Big thanks to Joe at V&R, to Linzi for making it and to the captain for another great pedal:

Gary

Post by Gary »

High praise indeed! I'm Glad that I got on the list (about end of Jan) and was told it would be about 9months until mine was born so I've a little wait ahead of me. Seriously looking forward to it, no matter what the colour!

:coffee:

Hey Doctor X: That pic looks heavenly!!! How would you compare it to the Fly? :listening:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Hi Gary
It's going to take me a while to really get to know the bee but immediate impressions are that it's heavier and hairier. It's certainly different enough that I can justify to myself having both of them on my pedalbord :tu:
I am Incinerator

Re:

Post by I am Incinerator »

Gary wrote:High praise indeed! I'm Glad that I got on the list (about end of Jan) and was told it would be about 9months until mine was born so I've a little wait ahead of me. Seriously looking forward to it, no matter what the colour
That's good to hear. I got on about mid february which would put me around that time frame to a few months after...estimating.

I forgot to ask Joe at V&R about when my name would come up for the lists that I am on. I just figured I would go with the flow and when my name came up, I would be surprised.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Doctor X wrote:it's heavier and hairier. It's certainly different enough that I can justify to myself having both of them on my pedalbord :tu:
That's pretty much what I was hoping for!
I am Incinerator wrote: That's good to hear. I got on about mid february which would put me around that time frame to a few months after...estimating.

Going by the guestimate from V&R I'd be up for a Bee around Oct but I'm not expecting it until possibily early '11. Saying that, I'm keeping the money handy just incase I get an early present!

:cheers:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

MY black bee is slowly removing all other fuzzes from my collection, these black ones are fucking killers. Since getting this guy I have been slowly selling some of the ones that aren't getting any floor time. No other pedal right now is getting as much play time as this guy, not even my pimps. There is only one other pedal that is standing up to this possible eradication; Creepy Fingers MKI Supafuzz.. :cthulhu2:
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."