Bug-Eye Bee

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

Scott

Post by Scott »

Matt, is the black sb tuned more towards the darker bassy side?
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Yes the black and orange bee is darker on the bottom end. I had that one, and a red one that was a little hotter. As you know they are all a little darker (?) but the black is little more...
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
guitmatt

Re: Bug-Eye Bee

Post by guitmatt »

I'll let ya know Scott, it's still en route as of now. :tu: I may actually have to try my hand at pedal demos. We'll see. A Super Bee shoot-out would be a helluva first demo. Thanks for the voice of experience mjkk.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Scott

Post by Scott »

Matt, definitely a sb shooting. That would be righteous!
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

I'd love to get my hands on a black and orange 'Bee!

Been on the list now for over a year (not complaining, though! Don't mind waiting and saving a few bucks). I'd love to see the black and gold theme of the new pedals continue with a run of Super Bee's (hopefully, my name will come up)

I wonder how the new bug eye bees compare to the black and orange bee?
happiass

Post by happiass »

I am Incinerator wrote:I wonder how the new bug eye bees compare to the black and orange bee?
I've got a black and orange and a new bug eye. To my ears, they sound pretty similar. The black and orange is slightly darker, but its not really anything drastic. Honestly, if I wasn't A/B-ing them directly against one another I probably wouldn't have even noticed the difference.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Which bee would you say is the least darkest voiced one there is??? I personally like them on the 'lighter' side, so to speak :dance:
guitmatt

Post by guitmatt »

Well,
I've spent some time with the Black Bee now. I have to agree with mjkk & hapiass. The Black may be a slight bit darker (more noticeable at lower volumes, not as noticeable when opened up to me). It is more than fair to say that BOTH kick serious amounts of booty. All I can say is that I am totally enamoured with the sounds I'm getting out of the Bees. These are my favorite D*A*M's. And Scott I'm on the other side, I prefer a darker shade of Fuzz.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Personally I didn't think the bug eye Bee was dark sounding, but I only ever set it with both knobs cranked.
mjab-1

Post by mjab-1 »

I have an orange Bee, and I noticed it gets brighter with the volume cranked, kinda opposite of what a fuzz face does
when you crank the volume. The Bee is the perfect fuzz for live work, sits alot better in the mix than most fuzz boxes.