DAM SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV #16 & #36

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

norhyme

DAM SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV #16 & #36

Post by norhyme »

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
Zuff-1A

Re: DAM SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV #16 & #36

Post by Zuff-1A »

# 16 :tu:
nice play'n :listening:
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

Thanks :headbanger: - not really pretty - but ... I think it shows what is going on with these MKIVs.
# 36 is a bit midrangier (yes even more...) and has this resinous edgy grit ... to me it sounds a bit more aggressive than #16 and cuts through ... everything
#16 is a thick muthaf***er it has the same amount of mighty fuzz but it's not as spitting aggressive as #36.

The two are slightly different ... I tried to dial in the same sound on both and it worked pretty well - the sounds just sit in different positions of the Fuzz and Tone knobs. When rolling down the guitar volume #36 becomes a bit more raspy MKIish and #16 reacts a bit smoother.

This may all be a bit different with other MKIV volume settings that I could not check out because of my lovely neighbours ;)

:cheers:
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
fuzzface6669

Re: DAM SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV #16 & #36

Post by fuzzface6669 »

Sounds great Torsten ! I like #36 myself but #16 is nice too.