D*A*M Red Rooster Showdown

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

modeerf

D*A*M Red Rooster Showdown

Post by modeerf »

Here is a quick showdown of three examples of the Red Rooster. Starlight (Mullard Oc-45), Master of Reality (Mullard Oc-78d), and a very recent black version with PS and Led (Cv 7004). The differences are slight but noticeable, what do you think...Which is your favorite?

Thanks to Jim (Fendersilver) for loaning me the Starlight and the Master of Reality to do this. :listening:

Best viewed in HD quality.
Enjoy!

Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Lee

Re: D*A*M Red Rooster Showdown

Post by Lee »

Awesome demo modeerf :smashed: I always enjoy your demo's. I really liked them all but the master of reality had a bit more clear bite to it. They all sounded good on their own on various settings.
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Sweet demo modeerf! I think I like the Starlights sound best although they all sound excellent!

The RR09 seems to have the whole dirty mids thing going on that my OC72 one had.. Sounds killer! :headbanger:
Logic should not interfere with determination
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

RR09 sounds so good. I had a blue one with the CV 7004 and sold it. I thought I would like the Starlight Red one better, but the RR09 has such a solid, hefty crunch.
Love those later Roosters, tho' they are all wicked! :headbanger:
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
BIlespaul

Post by BIlespaul »

Leecifer wrote:Awesome demo modeerf :smashed: I always enjoy your demo's. I really liked them all but the master of reality had a bit more clear bite to it. They all sounded good on their own on various settings.
Although I dig them all, I gravitated toward the master of reality as well. Same reason - I liked the slightly more crisp bite.

That said, I'd also like to get my hands on a RR-09. With that, my les paul, and a couple (okay, a few) fingers of whiskey, I'd need to let things get out of hand...

Great demo. Must have watched it half a dozen times :tu: