youtube'd

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

supro48

Re: youtube'd

Post by supro48 »

Philip what kind of Dano are you using? Is it a stock 59 reissue?
Philip

Post by Philip »

supro48 wrote:Philip what kind of Dano are you using? Is it a stock 59 reissue?
Yup totally stock. Bridge pickup raised quite high, neck pickup down really low so that when I'm in the middle it's just like a fatter version of the bridge pickup sound.

When I got it the fret edges were kinda sharp, they've smoothed out now from playing it so much though. My high E string sometimes catches on a protruding fret which results in some interesting moments. I need to stay alert when I play it. :freak:

It looks and feels cheap, but it can sound as cool as can be to my ears!

It really suits the MKII - Vox 715.
supro48

Post by supro48 »

I've been on the fence about getting one for some time but I think I might take the plunge, as always your way with taste and tone is awe inspiring.
supro48

Post by supro48 »

Philip which reissue 59 DC is yours? I see they have reissued 3 separate times since 2000 the most recent being this year. They have a modified one with the Leo Quann Bad ass bridge and sealed tuners.
Philip

Post by Philip »

supro48 wrote:Philip which reissue 59 DC is yours? I see they have reissued 3 separate times since 2000 the most recent being this year. They have a modified one with the Leo Quann Bad ass bridge and sealed tuners.
It's this one...

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/3 ... lack-.html
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Here's a cool, cheap idea...for simulated sitar drone (pic below--i think they're about $70) but there's that extra space needed, so i don't think it would fit with the regular bridge assembly.

Also some info i found re; the reissues.

"Question: What are some of the differences between a 59-DC first reissue manufactured between 1998-2001 and a '59 Dano second reissue from 2007?

Answer: Here's what makes the 2007 '59 Dano different from the first reissue 59-DC. Unlike the first reissues that were made in Korea, the 2007 '59's were made in China. It is approximately one pound heavier at 6.6 versus 5.5 lbs; has somewhat hotter/louder pickups; different shape headstock; upgraded (Gotoh style) tuners; fully adjustable and intonable bridge; wider/thicker neck; upgraded toggle switch; input jack is now on the side rather than on the front; single volume and tone controls have replaced the concentric controls; matte pickups and hardware as opposed to shiny chrome; matte finish; aged looking side binding tape and seal pickguard for a vintage look."
Attachments
Dano Sitar Bridge.jpg
Dano Sitar Bridge.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Philip

Post by Philip »

Heh the vintage looking aging is nothing more than some light brown paint sprayed or rubbed on. :oldlol:

I only bought my dano to have a cheap backup and something to have sitting about the house... ended up playing and liking it more than my les paul. :smashed:

Hmm, not very keen on electric sitar, much prefer proper ones...

www.myspace.com/sundaramusic

:bong2: :bong2: :bong2:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Moods

Post by Moods »

Another solid #. Dig it!

Is that a vintage wah? I'm guessing the Dano/715?

<M
Philip

Post by Philip »

Moods wrote:Another solid #. Dig it!

Is that a vintage wah? I'm guessing the Dano/715?

<M
Groovy man! :bong2:

It's the wah stu built for me in an old Vox volume pedal.

Dano and 715 :tu: