D*A*M 1965 & Jerms MKI comparison

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: D*A*M 1965 & Jerms MKI comparison

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I haven't played mine yet, it is in the states right now but I am very much looking forward to it.

Being someone who tends to tilt to the side of being an old-fashioned purist, I understand the motivation of wanting to use original parts. When those run out and there is a finite supply, I guess considering alternatives has to come into play.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

#6, I thought they made 5 of 'um, seems like I am wrong since you currently posess number six..... :bong2:
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

I would love to get on the list if there is another batch that come to fruition. I keep watching this vid, and while yes it is a youtube vid, it makes me want one really bad! :badlove:
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Sickle, how many ended up being made?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

psycho*daisies wrote:The differences are subtle, for sure.
it's kind of like when you first hear a collection of Robert Johnson songs.
At first you think, well these all kind of sound the same...
then later, you think...was i crazy?! each of these songs is a universe unto itself!
(ok, a bit of exaggeration there, but it is kind of amazing how he mastered so many different
blues styles at such a young age)

having had the 1965 for over 3 years, i know it pretty well.
Jerms' mk1 kind of fills in the gaps, so in my opinion Jim hit it out of the park for sure.
Especially since he used NOS original Mk1 parts!

I understand Donovan's point and Jim's original motivation. Both have merit.
Btw who bought that Black Cat Mk1? I'd kind of like to hear that one...
IIRC it was the "All American" version Mk1 (Zoso caps etc)

i say this with all due rspect, the jerms is like '65's slutty sister!

(((((whoooa!)))) :love:
nothing wrong with the slutty sister! :badlove:

I've loved the jerms MK I since I first read about these! I'd love to have one, I'm on the reserve list, but I won't know if I can make a move on one until mid october or so. :popcorn:
chetz

Post by chetz »

First time I have ventured into this thread. Price does not matter nor resale value......(that much). I will never sell either of these. I will let my son put the jerms on his board just because of the financial aspects. The '65 a covet. The Jerms I love for what it gives my son.... a great circuit that is somewhat reasonably affordable for a college student.

Each one of them are worth every nickel....PERIOD.

When it comes to a MKI do you want an '83 Margauex (which was the only great bottle of the first growths in 83) or do you want a Mouton-Rothschild from '82? I got them all............literally :party: Pedals and Bottles.......
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

chetz wrote:First time I have ventured into this thread. Price does not matter nor resale value......(that much). I will never sell either of these. I will let my son put the jerms on his board just because of the financial aspects. The '65 a covet. The Jerms I love for what it gives my son.... a great circuit that is somewhat reasonably affordable for a college student.

Each one of them are worth every nickel....PERIOD.

When it comes to a MKI do you want an '83 Margauex (which was the only great bottle of the first growths in 83) or do you want a Mouton-Rothschild from '82? I got them all............literally :party: Pedals and Bottles.......
I guess you can use the term vintage properly! :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Isn't TI 2G382 similar to 2G381?
cubba

Post by cubba »

jetofuj wrote:Isn't TI 2G382 similar to 2G381?
It's one more.
Worked for Nigel Tufnel. :badteeth:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende