Savage Henry

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

edkoppel

Re: Savage Henry...

Post by edkoppel »

is that an led?
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
mhat

Post by mhat »

edkoppel wrote:is that an led?
Weird. I never heard a pedal that was so obviously switched on. Mind you, handy for switching between songs so yes, I can see that.

Mike
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I just got mine from a fellow forum member...these pedals are the SHIT!!! Really cool sound! And loud as all get out...I was sorta expecting a meathead but this realy doesnt sound anything like one. I just love how it sounds when you mess around with the volume knob on your guitar, it doesn't clean up but the tone and gating/octave character changes dramatically. Really impressed by the versatility of this ONE KNOB pedal. Nasty octave fuzzys all the way to singing violin tone...incredible! I wish the best to rogue sound and hope for more offerings in a similar vein soon!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
neoflox

Post by neoflox »

I may be new here, so please don't tear me apart but how does one stand to making the schematic available?

best regards :headbanger:
skybone

Post by skybone »

Er... Hang on, you want to copy a new pedal made by a new company?

Sorry, but why else would you want the schematic?
neoflox

Post by neoflox »

Like I said, I am just asking. I did not have the funds for the last savage henry ebay auction and will probably not be able to pay the rising going rates for these in future. I am not familiar with Rogue Sounds policy on that, I would only want to build one for my personal. Also they were a one-off batch, right? After I saw the clip and the last production pedal on ebay I tried to find a substitute pedal that would come somewhat near that awsome little pedal, with no success obviously.

Nevermind if that is out of question.
edkoppel

Re:

Post by edkoppel »

neoflox wrote:Like I said, I am just asking. I did not have the funds for the last savage henry ebay auction and will probably not be able to pay the rising going rates for these in future. I am not familiar with Rogue Sounds policy on that, I would only want to build one for my personal. Also they were a one-off batch, right? After I saw the clip and the last production pedal on ebay I tried to find a substitute pedal that would come somewhat near that awsome little pedal, with no success obviously.

I'm not electronically inclined, at all...
But the gut shots are available (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lKNCdxOKj_c/S ... VAGE19.jpg) and it doesn't look like there is too much going on in there.
Like I said I have no idea how it works, but it seems like you could come up with something close with some experimentation. Who knows you may stumble onto something original?
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
neoflox

Re: Re:

Post by neoflox »

edkoppel wrote:
neoflox wrote:Like I said, I am just asking. I did not have the funds for the last savage henry ebay auction and will probably not be able to pay the rising going rates for these in future. I am not familiar with Rogue Sounds policy on that, I would only want to build one for my personal. Also they were a one-off batch, right? After I saw the clip and the last production pedal on ebay I tried to find a substitute pedal that would come somewhat near that awsome little pedal, with no success obviously.

I'm not electronically inclined, at all...
But the gut shots are available (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lKNCdxOKj_c/S ... VAGE19.jpg) and it doesn't look like there is too much going on in there.
Like I said I have no idea how it works, but it seems like you could come up with something close with some experimentation. Who knows you may stumble onto something original?
Thanks edkoppel, I've had the pictures already but I am not that good on in identifying circuits by gutshots. And before I try to get hints on fsb or similar, I thought I'd ask here first. I would definitly love to experiment with these parts though ;)
neoflox

Post by neoflox »

Thanks for the welcome. Okay, I can understand this. Nevermind my initial query then. I don't want to step on anyones feet. I guess he is not rather fond that there are schems of many other DAM pedals out there, I guess.
neoflox

Post by neoflox »

Wise words man and I am with you there. I never intended to harm any buisness since I would not have asked for pedals still being in production at least. And I also would never support guys like the one selling knockoffs. I am not introduced to the story but I figure it.
Maybe you can also understand me that I will not easily pay $250 for a one-sound-one-knobber if I am a poor young person. Unfortunately I am not advanced enough in topic to start experimenting on my own yet.

ps. your avatar is scary as skunk shit