Blind Mary

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

Cero

Re: Blind Mary

Post by Cero »

I was lucky enough to score one off evilbay... can't wait to try it from what people are saying :party:
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Mine just landed after a very long trip across the ocean ...
Thank you Linzi (and Laundromat)
Sounds great into my old Traynors ... :tu:

stella_blues wrote:Has anyone compared Mary with a Rooster?
I know one is silicon and one germanium.Just wondering how they differ tonewise.
Just about to. I've got a Treboost+OC44/OC71, OC71 Rooster, CV7112 Rooster, as well as a Dice Works HS-1 (OC44), Vintage Technologies SDS (also Si), and the Mary.
Once the JMI (spit) Rangemaster (OC44) and Sugar Boost get here, there will be a battle of the boosters.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Jesus dev that is alot of boosting going on.. I like it, favorites out of the bunch?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
devnulljp

Re:

Post by devnulljp »

mjkk wrote:Jesus dev that is alot of boosting going on.. I like it, favorites out of the bunch?

OC71 Rooster kicks all the ass so far, although my Traynor YGM-2 likes the Mary and the HS-1 (which is cool, because the Treboost doesn't sound good in that amp at all).
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
stella_blues

Re:

Post by stella_blues »

devnulljp wrote:Mine just landed after a very long trip across the ocean ...
Thank you Linzi (and Laundromat)
Sounds great into my old Traynors ... :tu:

stella_blues wrote:Has anyone compared Mary with a Rooster?
I know one is silicon and one germanium.Just wondering how they differ tonewise.
Just about to. I've got a Treboost+OC44/OC71, OC71 Rooster, CV7112 Rooster, as well as a Dice Works HS-1 (OC44), Vintage Technologies SDS (also Si), and the Mary.
Once the JMI (spit) Rangemaster (OC44) and Sugar Boost get here, there will be a battle of the boosters.
Looking forward to hearing your results :tu:

I'm totally loving Mary in front of various fuzz pedals...sounds awesome before a Sonic Titan, Fuzzface and MKII. Not so hot before a MKI, but great after it. Cracking pedal :badlove:
funky cold medina

Post by funky cold medina »

the blind mary is probably my favorite pedal...across the board. not just boosts. thing is incredible sounding.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

^ :tu:

Had one if for service a few weeks back and got lost for a good while doing the play tests. Stands up pretty damn well for a silicon booster.
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

I really love my Blind Mary too. As said above, it works brilliantly with other fuzz pedals and just makes everything sound better! :party:

Definitely one of my favourite pedals!
Logic should not interfere with determination
phidias

Post by phidias »

Fuzzz wrote:I really love my Blind Mary too. As said above, it works brilliantly with other fuzz pedals and just makes everything sound better! :party:

Definitely one of my favourite pedals!
Your Mary is mine now! Can't wait to enjoy it. :crackjam:
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!