Hatchet Harry

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Hatchet Harry

Post by The Captain »

Hello…

This is Harry, he has a hatchet. He plans to fuck you right up. Treat the man with respect and it shall be returned in kindness. The type of kindness that doesn’t involve hacking off your fingers and making you eat them. Heavy weight and precise. This is what you will hear. Weighty stainless steel fuzz tones with a razor sharp edge. Thwack! I’m sorry are those your fingers?

What?

Your guitar –> IN Your amplifier -> OUT
9VDC regulated power supply -> DC

Harry likes Zinc Carbon or Zinc Chloride type batteries. These are also cheap…just like you.

Fury. Unleash some. Control the amount there off with this dial. Getting up at noon is a good place to start your day. Attack. Have some. Intensify the nature of the sonic assault by touching the dial. If you’re a silly rabbit you may find the volume control on your guitar makes things different and less horrid.

FAQ

Q: God damn it! What are you talking about, fool?

A: Zonk Machine II. That’s where it begins. Those things normally sound like shite. Harry doesn’t.

Q: For why? Care to explain?

A: Harry has gain selected audio grade silicon transistors rather than any old shit. Biasing. It be correct. Therefore, Harry has uber massive volume, massive bass response, no stupid oscillation at full-on Attack and a plentifully oozing supply of sustain. Smash the switch! Make the light come on. Magical. DC tap, you see it? No need for batteries. You can buy those chicken curry flavoured noodles. Oh hey, and negative grounding too. Daisy chain away mother fucker.

Q: Hell fire! Harry is a fat bastard. Can I has some bass guitar?

A: Go for it. Harry has a sub sonic amount of ass. If you want your bass to sound like a brick slamming into an iron door who am I to convince you other wise.

You like? You can get some here:

http://www.downstrokemusic.com/index.php
edkoppel

Re: Hatchet Harry

Post by edkoppel »

bought one of each!
:drool2:

hell yes.
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

I won't have money on my paypal account until tomorrow :gripe:

I hope they will be available tomorrow.
happiass

Post by happiass »

Bought both :party: .
emeka

Post by emeka »

Can't afford both... :paranoid:

Bought Harry! :party: :dance:

I'd also like to add that I think it's funny that while the Zonk gets an absolute shit review from Dave, I still bought this fucker with the utmost confidence that it's gonna kick serious ass! Only from Dave/Linzi will I take such a chance on a pedal I've not played before... Made my day Cap!
:cheers:
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

I cannot get Downstroke to load....
L O V E
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

Worked just fine for me. Scored a Hatchet Harry. Excitement!
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Got one!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

emeka wrote:I'd also like to add that I think it's funny that while the Zonk gets an absolute shit review from Dave...
:hihi:

Sorry I should have filled out some on the description some, I was juggling the cyber and real worlds so I just had some copy & pasta from the info sheet.

Thing is, despite the Shatterbox's startling crapiness I did see/hear a cool machine lurking beneath. I always did like the nature of the fuzz tone just the way the volume is really limited and you have this annoying oscillation kick in when you crank the fuzz dial just totally ruins anything that could have been. The worst part is how it sounds like your slamming into a brick wall when you hit a string. It kinda gates but not like in a cool or usual way. Almost like someone just keeps running in the room and muting your strings as you play. Basically the biasing is beyond fucked up.

So, with Harry you have total freedom. The biasing is wide open, and stable. Its like you're playing with greased up bricks of fuzzy bliss. The transistors in the circuit are both of differing types and were selected to suit the biasing. The tone is heavy, like really fucking heavy but, kinda sharp. It retains a lot of the upper frequencies, it doesn't sound like a dull heavy if that makes sense. It sounds very active and lively but not fluid. Its kinda static in time but in movement? Imagine a huge grizzly bear being attack by bee's....kinda like that. Of course being a Rogue Sound pedal the fuzz at full is very much a tone that means business but it is surprisingly usable. Spooky thing is that it cleans up really well too, better so with single coils. Its a musical and devastating, just a like a hatchet. :party:

Sounds bad ass on bass too. Plays well nice with my ATK and that fucker is active.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

:bangs head: