D*A*M/Colorsound Bass Fuzz

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

D*A*M/Colorsound Bass Fuzz

Post by The Captain »

Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round! Cool new project number 11. And this project most certainly is rockin' the absolute fattest of bottoms.

The Colorsound Bass Fuzz. Designed by the late great master himself - Dick Denney. Originally made by Dick in 1990's the Colorosund Bass Fuzz has a cult like following with those that seek mountain destroying amounts of low end. It was Dick's take on the Jumbo Tone Bender circuit but the relation ends in it's namesake, this pedal sounds like no Jumbo that you ever have known.

CS_BF_08.JPG
CS_BF_08.JPG (201.01 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
Dig it. It's miniaturized! Well, for a Colorsound pedal that is. The 2019 Bass Fuzz is streamlined and even has modern day features of a LED status indicator (it glows Sakura purple) and a DC tap for an external battery eliminator. Not to get too modern and too high tech the circuit board present in the Bass Fuzz is perfect replication of the original 1970's Jumbo Tone Bender circuit board. Quality components used through-out with a nod to the vintage but with modern day reliably and accuracy. All filter capacitors present in the Bass Fuzz circuit are all polystyrene types giving you an incredibly low floor for such a high gain fuzz device, these combined with low noise audio transistors (BC549C) deliver very impressive high fidelity brutality.

CS_BF_07.JPG
CS_BF_07.JPG (267.83 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
Tonally a very different beast to the standard Jumbo Tone Bender incarnations (The Bum Fuzz Unit and TC Tone Bender) not only due to the massive EQ scope but also the nature of the fuzz tones available. At higher gain settings the Bass Fuzz becomes almost synth like in quality with universe splitting overload with huge swathes of compressed saturation. Lowering the fuzz control and altering of the tonal output places one into more natural territory with juicy overdrive like qualities that work most excellently with high powered tube amplification.
Does it guitar? Yes it does. Superbly so. The EQ scope is so broad that the Bass fuzz functions equally well with a bass tuned to low B as with a six string instrument in standard tuning. The Colorsound Bass Fuzz - a true power house of fuzz tones.

There are 50 pieces in the project in total (numbered #000 - #049) with all units being assembled by Daniel Lee Tunstill. All set-up procedures, transistor selection, final testing and inspection are carried out by myself.

CS_BF_21.JPG
CS_BF_21.JPG (257.73 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

Brass tacks

I want! What do? Same dealio as always here with these products. You'll need to contact Macari's if you are interested in acquiring and/or wish to find out pricing and shipping information.

Do so here:

http://www.macaris.co.uk/

Sound Demonstration

Not as yet I'm afraid...you'll have to use your imagination for now...

Additional eye candy.

CS_BF_13.JPG
CS_BF_13.JPG (211.33 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
CS_BF_15.JPG
CS_BF_15.JPG (261.58 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
CS_BF_11.JPG
CS_BF_11.JPG (224.71 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
CS_BF_17.JPG
CS_BF_17.JPG (262.43 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
CS_BF_18.JPG
CS_BF_18.JPG (247.34 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
CS_BF_03.JPG
CS_BF_03.JPG (277.1 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
:party:
nad

Re: D*A*M/Colorsound Bass Fuzz

Post by nad »

Hell. Fucking. Yes. :cthulhu2:
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
Pahathuasyndicate

Post by Pahathuasyndicate »

Looks awesome Captain, nicely done again :party:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

These look amazing!!! Anyone else having trouble finding them on Macaris site though?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

redeyeflight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:45 pm Anyone else having trouble finding them on Macaris site though?
Likely not up yet, man. ...I think they only landed at Sola Sound central yesterday.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The Captain wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:51 pm
redeyeflight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:45 pm Anyone else having trouble finding them on Macaris site though?
Likely not up yet, man. ...I think they only landed at Sola Sound central yesterday.
:tu:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound-bass-fuzz/p/p3110

just got it on there before bed !!!!
nad

Post by nad »

OOH! OOH! Bought'd. I'll post my drunken thoughts on a drunken fuzzy night and will smash it all together with the Cheap Arse for both shits and giggles. :smashed:
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
univalve

Post by univalve »

nad wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:54 am OOH! OOH! Bought'd. I'll post my drunken thoughts on a drunken fuzzy night and will smash it all together with the Cheap Arse for both shits and giggles. :smashed:
Cheap arse is fantastic on Bass! :freakout:
So both together: :drool2: :headpop:
Philip

Post by Philip »

univalve wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Cheap arse is fantastic on Bass! :freakout:
So both together: :drool2: :headpop:
A maasoooove bubble butt. :badteeth: