Goodbye Macari's Charing Cross Road

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

kluskie

Goodbye Macari's Charing Cross Road

Post by kluskie »

Sad to see Ant on IG earlier today giving a tour of the old music shops in Soho and then giving the news that they are shutting the shop we all love so much. The good news is that they will still keep making and selling Sola/Colorsound pedals and will open a shop in Sussex in the near future. Thanks for everything Ant and Steve and I wish you all the best for the future - I for one will continue to buy your superb products but will dearly miss popping into your shop which was just down the end of the road from my club - The h Club, which also looks like it will be closing down :(
daCod

Re: Goodbye Macari's Charing Cross Road

Post by daCod »

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Yeah I think the emotional part was all that family history that’s happened down there in the past 50-60 yrs.
it’s only a guess but I imagine the shutting of the last shop feels like a goodbye to all those memories but it needn’t be.
Things can get taken over by other companies, pulled down etc but those memories are stored away in heads and hearts. I’m sure he’s got enough photo evidence to pack an album.
Maybe writing a book would preserve those memories and history more. Tales and stories with archive photos. I bet It would be a bloody good read
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

That shit had me choked up. I had such a wonderful time visiting Macaris about ten years ago on my trip to london. Anthony is the freaking best. It’s the people not the building that make a place special. Here’s to a bright future in a new space for Macaris!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Philip

Post by Philip »

Ant's vid gave me the feels. :hug: :cheers2:
upstateanalog

Post by upstateanalog »

I was so bummed when I saw that vid. Finally visiting the shop and buying a Tonebender from the man himself was one of the top priorities for our first trip to London. I suppose it could still happen, will just have to take a slight detour to Fuzz Central. Hopefully there will still be other shops worth visiting by the time we make it over. It sounds like things are changing though, I’m guessing they’ll be replaced by corporate boxes with the money to dump into a prime tourist location.