Re: D*A*M Sola Sound Interceptor

Post by kluskie »

That would be ace - thanks!! 🍻
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

I resisted for as long as I could...but I am weak :bangs head:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

Mine arrived today #20. I’ve owned many Sola Mk4 and similar such as Pigdog Fuzzbound etc. This blows everything out of the water. Super open sounding, brutal and yet cleans up superbly with no treble loss. It’s a keeper for sure. I’ll probably end up buying a back up on the secondary market at some point too!! There are still some left - don’t hesitate if you have the readies.
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

I’m with you on this one. I can’t believe they all didn’t sell out in minutes. I think they sound better than the other mklv’s done this year. Different vibe I guess.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

mjkk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 am I’m with you on this one. I can’t believe they all didn’t sell out in minutes. I think they sound better than the other mklv’s done this year. Different vibe I guess.
Wich ones did you get this year to compare ?
thank you !
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

A grey over yellow oc84 and a Kawasaki green. But I’ve also had a lot of the Captains mkivs over the years. Fuzz sounds to grease boxes etc etc. it’s pretty different than the others.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

I agree - I’ve owned tons of high-end variants and for me this one rules. It acts like a high gain Fuzz Face with incredible clean up but always has the Tone Bender character we all love.
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Thanks for the quick reviews guys ! I'm very curious about that one but unfortunately don't have the money for it atm. And I just received a Blue Meanie that is gonna get a lot of playing because it's freaking awesome :D
When you say it acts like a high gain fuzz face, do you mean that it's heavier in bass and darker in tone than the traditional Sola/D*A*M MKIVs ?
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

No, the tone is same as regular Mk4 apart from not as much sweep as it features a non-attenuated filter like the old SupaFuzz. I meant in the way that it reacts to clean up - no treble loss and can go sparkly clean
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Phototropicalia wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:16 am Received mine yesterday. Superb pedal, although that'll probably be obvious! It's a lot smoother than any Tone Bender I've played and definitely a lot louder than any traditional circuit too. Beautiful addition and variation to the Sola family. I would say though, it's tricky to get to the battery with two layers of paint on, haha.
I am with you on getting to battery. What is the trick to getting the bottom plate separated from the top?