D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII SCB

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

sideasoundlab

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII SCB

Post by sideasoundlab »

Yes I might send it back to Dave, I'm in France. He's gonna hate me, I already sent back a '65 a few months back
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

According to Dave, it is most likely due to the lack of an input filter capacitor ( wich also gives the Blue Meanie its bright and agressive character)
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Definitely worth trying in a different location to see if the issue still persists. My house, the upstairs in particular i get a ton of radio interference with a variety of different fuzz pedals. Zero issues at my rehersal space. Location can make all the difference!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Yes totally, I'm pretty sure the problem would go away if I played somewhere else. But my flat is mostly the only location where I play guitar ahaha
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Simple solution. Time for a house move :hihi:
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Spook

Post by Spook »

sideasoundlab wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:33 pm Yes totally, I'm pretty sure the problem would go away if I played somewhere else. But my flat is mostly the only location where I play guitar ahaha

Time for a Faraday Cage :tu:
:pazuzu:
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

Does anyone know if Dave is still making these? I can’t remember how many times I’ve signed up on the Macari’s site, but hoping someday to receive an email that I’ve come up on the list!
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

I think they trickle thru slowly. Mine is secondhand but was made in 2019 if I remember correctly.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

hamoftruth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:58 pm I think they trickle thru slowly. Mine is secondhand but was made in 2019 if I remember correctly.
Thank you for the glimmer of hope!! I’ve only seen them go up for sale a couple times since 2019, so you got real lucky for sure. I can imagine this one sounds glorious in a mix with that extra bite!

:flame:
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

walkingtiger wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:24 pm
hamoftruth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:58 pm I think they trickle thru slowly. Mine is secondhand but was made in 2019 if I remember correctly.
Thank you for the glimmer of hope!! I’ve only seen them go up for sale a couple times since 2019, so you got real lucky for sure. I can imagine this one sounds glorious in a mix with that extra bite!

:flame:
It's # is in the 70s so they're definitely not as common as the standard issue MK2s, but not as rare as the Green Bastard obviously. I'm quite fortunate to have both it and an OC84 MK2, and it's funny when the website descriptions are pretty much bang on when you finally play them. The Blue Meanie SCB sounds exactly as it's described, brighter on the highs but also falls apart and chops up more on the lows, with lots more gain. It's a wild one, hard to reign in sometimes. I need to get my Tele bridge pickup to be less microphonic because it always wants to take off with the Blue Meanie.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues