Children of Cthulhu

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

I too just picked up and tried out my OC71 Fleshhead. Nyarlathotep is its name. I am very happy with this pedal. I was a bit blown away by how much ground this pedal covers. Nyarlathotep goes from a 1966 waspy sound to a fuzz-face type timbre but with a crystal clear and more punishing bass. I cranked my amp and Nyarla all the way, and it actually scared me. People say this all the time as hyperbole, but I thought I might blow up my amp and thus ruin a Fargen MiniPlex MKII. The sound it produces at this volume is the heaviest I have ever gotten. It rumbles like a bass through a stack and I was worried that my 1X12 speaker would not be able to take it. I play a strat with a very weak bridge pickup and this thing punished me. I love the sound at this volume.

Dave, could the Fleshhead actually blow up my amp? I am in all seriousness scared for my amp to play the Fleshhead through it at this volume--but I really want to.
Hiwatt Bob

Re:

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

jimi_dylan wrote:I too just picked up and tried out my OC71 Fleshhead. Nyarlathotep is its name. I am very happy with this pedal. I was a bit blown away by how much ground this pedal covers. Nyarlathotep goes from a 1966 waspy sound to a fuzz-face type timbre but with a crystal clear and more punishing bass. I cranked my amp and Nyarla all the way, and it actually scared me. People say this all the time as hyperbole, but I thought I might blow up my amp and thus ruin a Fargen MiniPlex MKII. The sound it produces at this volume is the heaviest I have ever gotten. It rumbles like a bass through a stack and I was worried that my 1X12 speaker would not be able to take it. I play a strat with a very weak bridge pickup and this thing punished me. I love the sound at this volume.

Dave, could the Fleshhead actually blow up my amp? I am in all seriousness scared for my amp to play the Fleshhead through it at this volume--but I really want to.
sounds like you need a hiwatt. :0)
grygrx

Post by grygrx »

jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

c'mon, somebody give me serious answer: can a fuzz pedal actually blow up an amp?
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Good! 'cause I'm going to run this thing full on! Apparently, the sound of this pedal achieved its intended psychological effect, at least on me. I didn't know how a pedal could damage an amp, but this thing is sounds so wicked I figured that I better ask you guys before I soon enough found out!
Brazilian

Re:

Post by Brazilian »

jimi_dylan wrote:Interesting reviews. One question: Can it do doom?
I think you now have the answer to your earlier post JD.... :wink2:
"The FZ- 673 possibly the best fuzzbox ever made"
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Agreed!
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Yog-Sothoth can do doom.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
innerflight

Re: Children of Cthulhu

Post by innerflight »

Just discovered this thread, didnt know about these pedals, great story behind them and they sound and look killer. where are they now i wonder. didnt read through all the thread so might have missed any vids. are there any vid clips on here?
’brutish in character but not thug like’
The Captain

Re: Children of Cthulhu

Post by The Captain »

:cthulhu: