GB-88

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

underorbit

Re: GB-88

Post by underorbit »

Wow and then he dropped the price to $250 which I was gonna offer him $300 and now it’s sold.
Space_Case

Re: GB-88

Post by Space_Case »

I really dig the GB-88 at the moment and as some of the other people noted it absolutely kills it with the mids. I know it was intended to be what a tonebender circuit would be in the 80's but I like to also think of it as something with the heft of a MkII that still has a tone knob but it doesn't get almost buzzy like I find a MKIII or MKIV might sometimes give you. That being said I do think there's some similarities to the Fuzz Sound though my reference is the FS-77 (which I absolutely love) and not the FS-75 (which I've never had the pleasure yet of trying).

If you're going to compare it to the FS-77 and try to match the sounds you'd probably be looking at setting the balance knob on the FS-77 somewhere between 8-11 o'clock because I find that above that the FS-77 gets an openness to it's sound that almost seems to get into Buzzaround territory (though with what seems to be a smoother possibly less gated fuzz if that makes sense), whereas with the GB-88 it seems to be more concerned in delivering really full chords with a really filled out sound.
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"