Greasebox GB-83

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

Brown90

Post by Brown90 »

Hey guys !

To those who've had the opportunity to own both the GB-80 and the GB-83, which one would you advise me to get on the waitlist for, knowing that I already have a Meathead and a Fuzzrong FR-70 and that I play with a Telecaster on a Fender Twin Reverb Reissue.

I'm not really looking for something very high-gain, a pedal that goes from overdrive to distortion and to fuzzy overdrive for rythm for example would be really great. I've read somewhere on this forum that someone thought the GB-80 had more gain and someone else thought the contrary...

Thank you so much in advance !
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

GB-80 should cover Your needs IMO
Lee

Re: Greasebox GB-83

Post by Lee »

Brown90 wrote:Hey guys !

To those who've had the opportunity to own both the GB-80 and the GB-83, which one would you advise me to get on the waitlist for, knowing that I already have a Meathead and a Fuzzrong FR-70 and that I play with a Telecaster on a Fender Twin Reverb Reissue.

I'm not really looking for something very high-gain, a pedal that goes from overdrive to distortion and to fuzzy overdrive for rythm for example would be really great. I've read somewhere on this forum that someone thought the GB-80 had more gain and someone else thought the contrary...

Get both the GB-80 and the GB-83 you wont go wrong and you wont regret it :tu:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Leecifer wrote:
Brown90 wrote:Hey guys !

Get both...you wont regret it :tu:
That's what I was thinking. :hihi:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Nervous Nick

Post by Nervous Nick »

you NEED both !! :badlove: :drool2:
daCod

Post by daCod »

get both, play both, keep the 83 be a stand-up dude and sell me the 80 :hihi:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Brown90

Post by Brown90 »

Thank you guys for your answers :oldsmile: !

Unfortunately, I can't afford both of these pedals.... So I'll have to choose only one !
Nervous Nick

Post by Nervous Nick »

I'd go for the GB-80. I like it better than the GB-83, and should really suit your needs !
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

The aesthetics on the new black/purple GB-83 are off the hook. Definitely cooler in person than in photos. I should try to take a few pictures of mine, but I'm not sure I can do any better than David.
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

Unfortunatly I had to pass on the GB-80 and the -83 this time around because of the uni-lust. Never turned down a D*A*M pedal before and it was strange. Hopefully my number will come around sometime in the not so distant future.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.