GB-80

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

king_of_the_road

Re: GB-80

Post by king_of_the_road »

Ahhh, thanks Cody, I thought there was something wrong with the enclosures themselves. I really loved the old ones though. It's a shame if they're not being made anymore.
daCod

Post by daCod »

i know. the YY's were feckin rad. as were those odd shaped 2-tier wide boxes. dave built a couple stomps in them, i think.
would have been cool if someone cold have bought the business from Mr. Pedalenclosures Guy and kept things going. definitely a void in the market at the moment.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
hstlaurent

Re:

Post by hstlaurent »

daCod wrote:the old pedalenclosure YY boxes...

Yes that's the ones I'm talking about. Does anyone knows if a fitting replacement has been found? Just curious...

Thanks
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

Yes, Captain used rectangular enclosures instead.
3 knob GB-88 model replaced old 2 knob GB-80.
Dr Tony Balls

Re:

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

daCod wrote:i know. the YY's were feckin rad. as were those odd shaped 2-tier wide boxes. dave built a couple stomps in them, i think.
would have been cool if someone cold have bought the business from Mr. Pedalenclosures Guy and kept things going. definitely a void in the market at the moment.

The YYs looked amazing and they were nice and heavy but not so great to work on. The wall thickness was a little too thick for my tastes. Pots and jacks never went through leaving enough threads. I think that was exacerbated by thicker hammertone paint jobs too.
emeka

Post by emeka »

If anyone has an early purple GB80 they’re looking to part with, please reach out! I had 006 and let it go to pay medical bills a number of years ago. Tried tracking it down but the guy who bought it moved it again. Still miss it.
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic