GB-80

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Post by mjkk »

different knobs? you on crack
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
imsilly

Re: GB-80

Post by imsilly »

The waiting is killing me!

Has the first batch been completed yet?
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I thought some people said they paid already?
imsilly

Re:

Post by imsilly »

tigerdriver wrote:I thought some people said they paid already?
Yep, but we paid before the batch was sent to Joe. He said they'd arrive sometime this week. That is why I'm all excited by the prospect of an update in news about production.
The Captain

Re:

Post by The Captain »

imsilly wrote:Has the first batch been completed yet?
Of course, of course. Done and done.
stopmaykinsense wrote:How will these compare sonically to the others? I know you said they're basically the same, but I was wondering what the transistor differences do to the sound overall? What happens when I roll back my geetar volume knobby?
Same but different. A hair more refined, a touch less back ground noise at full bore. Transistors, sound open. I hate using that word as a descriptive but it the closest I can think that sums it up on one fowl swoop. Big but not dense?!? Kinda vocal...like somebody shouting right into your face but in a slighty pleasent way.
Roll back, pretty clean. Not the ideal pedal for that kinda shit though. Can sound a little dark if that makes sense. Its not the really the type of pedal I planned as a rider. If I had to ride the guitar volume with a dirt box I'd vote a good Fuzz Face....or a Sonic Titan :teeth2:
mjkk wrote:no led? what about the future?
The future is now. No LED :hihi: It was fucking with my plan, a kinda selfish reason for not rolling with it really but in all honesty it is not the kind of pedal that needs that shit.
It kinda made me feel icky when I though about it to be honest. I recall seeing some dude use vintage Fuzz Face that had a LED fitted....no comment.
imsilly wrote:You spend money on your girlfriend?
If she works as a masseuse, yes.
Funky Druid wrote:yummy, only first batch is in sexy purple finish?
Depends on the orders placed. Purple can be achieved again no worries :party:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

sounds great Dave, can't wait!
chetz

Post by chetz »

For your viewing pleasure, pics of my Original #9 Greasebox. I covet all of my DAM pedals but this one, my (David's) MKI and an early Superbee I got from David's Japanese Distributor are my favorites. My son has a custom Rooster that I haven't played much but he is totally into it.

So the original GB....

fuzzlight

Post by fuzzlight »

Greasy Update:
The first 10 Grease Boxes arrived at the sleep shelter today, Wahoo! And have to say they are a superb build.
Good work Dave, put yur feet up :hihi:
I am going to try and get some shipped out today and the remainder on Monday or tuesday.
I had originally tried to cap the Grease box list at 30, mainly because we wanted to see how this build went in terms of turnaround times and I didn't want it to run away with me like a lot of the other lists have. However I feel that was also a silly idea as when someone writes to me wanting to be put on a list I never say no anyway!!
So, yay! list open :dance: ....just don't expect a quick reply to emails...... :choke:
Oh yeah, its best to send me an email for list requests joe@joespedals.com Its just easier to compile that way.

The weathers nice, been having fun with the new camera too.
Attachments
Greasersbudda.jpg
Greasersbudda.jpg (294.14 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Greaseflwer.jpg
Greaseflwer.jpg (340.52 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Greasyshed2.jpg
Greasyshed2.jpg (161.56 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Philip

Post by Philip »

Fuuuuk yes! :drool2:
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

Don't worry guys - Wolverine will take care of this Grease :)