The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by sovtekfuzz »

TeleSoul wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:19 pm What a collection 😍 I’m really trying to track down one of those reverse graphic Muffs to match my Clone Theory.
A reverse CT is on my list! Good luck in the hunt!
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

stella_blues wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:54 pm
how does it compare with the Dark Flesh?
Well the best way to describe would be, the DF is a bastard evil MKII aye? The Thaumaturge covers that quite easily but with the added sustain knob it gets into other territories, left would be dizzy/buzzaround brutality then right starts getting the splatter of MKIII/IV territory but always with that evil motherfucker lurking in the background :freakout:

Still got lots of exploring to do and therein lies the beauty of this pedal, a one trick pony it’s not
’brutish in character but not thug like’
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

innerflight wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:33 pm
stella_blues wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:54 pm
how does it compare with the Dark Flesh?
Well the best way to describe would be, the DF is a bastard evil MKII aye? The Thaumaturge covers that quite easily but with the added sustain knob it gets into other territories, left would be dizzy/buzzaround brutality then right starts getting the splatter of MKIII/IV territory but always with that evil motherfucker lurking in the background :freakout:

Still got lots of exploring to do and therein lies the beauty of this pedal, a one trick pony it’s not
Swiss Army knife of fuzz tones :badlove:
It really does sound epic and I can’t wait to hear it in action….is it the middle of June yet? :marx:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Well the Swiss army of Flesh tones for sure :cheers:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
univalve

Post by univalve »

phidias wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:22 pm Yep!!!! One of the best ever purchases I've made. Glad you sold it to me. I understand you ended up regreting it. It's still the best MKI of my whole lot, but some other contenders are very, very close!!! :cheers:
exactly this.
Philip

Post by Philip »

nO fUzZ.
Attachments
20220513_152900.jpg
20220513_152900.jpg (411.94 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
daCod

Post by daCod »

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Just noodling in the bedroom today. Thought some of you would appreciate the gear. Love this setup!

(all of the pedals sounded good, but the 78/79 "Tone" knob Rat won this time! ) :tu:

bedroom setup.jpg
bedroom setup.jpg (184.32 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

fernieite wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 am Just noodling in the bedroom today. Thought some of you would appreciate the gear. Love this setup!

(all of the pedals sounded good, but the 78/79 "Tone" knob Rat won this time! ) :tu:

bedroom setup.jpg
What’s the Back to the Future looking box next to the amp?
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

stella_blues wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:24 am
fernieite wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 am Just noodling in the bedroom today. Thought some of you would appreciate the gear. Love this setup!

bedroom setup.jpg

What’s the Back to the Future looking box next to the amp?

That's an "Amp Maniac", variable voltage reducer. In this case, it reduced my apartment's power from above 125v to 110, which is what the amp was designed for. It probably reduces a bit of strain on the old components.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.