Marshall Supa Wah

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Thanks guys, proabably will buy it just to check it out.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

hell, you can't lose. the shell is a beauty, and you are probably just a few component changes away from wah nirvana if you don't like the sound.
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

I like mine. I have a germanium version. Mellow sounding wah. Mine sounds pretty much like the Youtube video by Robertgroove.
They sound great after a fuzz, unless you're going for the pukier fuzz>wah sound. They are HUGE though. Bigger than a Supa Fuzz. Here's a quick phone camera pic
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

sauniere, i know exaclty what you mean. i have a couple wahs that are specifically for the more mellow stuff. my old shin-ei, and a modded thomas crybaby that has a mellow tone and mild sweep.
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

:tu: Always good to have some variety.
rafmax

Re: Marshall Supa Wah

Post by rafmax »

Hello,

I got this Supa Wah at a local pawn shop... was cheap. It thougt it was worth the try :chillin:
I already have a similar early one (Ge) but this new one has obviously lived a different life.
Anyway, I guess that the inductor is not original, but I after reading waht Stu wrote here, I thought it would be cool to share those few pics because there are not much online about this model.
Of course, the pot has been replaced at some point. I don't know if 100k is an usual value.
Those Supa Wah have a really short sweep...this one is tuned to a brighter range than my first and all original pedal.
Didn't take much time to investigate more because I wanted to know more about the inductor and pot values before I got some experts advices :popcorn:
Raf
Lee

Post by Lee »

Nice RAF Good job always wanted to try one of these
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

This one is kind of the definitive example of collector's 'crap', in terms of sound/usability. It's got a very big footprint for a pedal that doesn't really do a lot, but has anybody else seen one in this interesting pre-Supa enclosure?

rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Cool !
I like the trimmer that survived the "goop process" :oldgrin:
No doubt it's an early run unit.