DeMarco glassbender

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Re: DeMarco glassbender

Post by daCod »

bumping an oldie :hihi:

just landed today. sounds later tonight if i play my cards right.

interesting setup with this one. octal tube. rotary switch for contour and input gain.
middle knob clicks off (?) when full ccw. by the look of things it's in cahoots with the contour rotary switch.

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
devnulljp

Re:

Post by devnulljp »

jagermonster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 pm I think it's been said before, but that DeMarco fella seems to know what he was doing. Amazing, amazing work. I imagine this is one of a kind?
I had a bunch of his pedals.
Tragic loss.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
daCod

Re: Re:

Post by daCod »

devnulljp wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:35 pm
jagermonster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 pm I think it's been said before, but that DeMarco fella seems to know what he was doing. Amazing, amazing work. I imagine this is one of a kind?
I had a bunch of his pedals.
Tragic loss.
wish i had come across him before his untimely passing.

there's a MKIII bender for sale from the same place i picked up the Glassbender from. gold hammer that's a bit battle worn, but looks killer.
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

A little late to this party but congratulations Cody! Nice score! A demo, maybe please?
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
daCod

Post by daCod »

Zacharia Matilda wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:48 pm A little late to this party but congratulations Cody! Nice score! A demo, maybe please?
thanks Zach! it sure looks killer. cant wait to hear it... :ohno:

the power supply they shipped with it was hella wrong. but thanks to Jim he helped get me squared away. one should land today.
paid 10 for one via amazon, and the reverb seller (victor litz music center) refunded me 16. score :tu:
super easy to work with on the issue. prompt replies to my messaged. good people are good!

hopefully tonight things will get noisy. dust off my super- hack gee-tarrr skills and find the key to the monday night fuzz thread :party:
Last edited by daCod on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Yes please to MNF
’brutish in character but not thug like’
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

jerms wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:48 am
edkoppel wrote:Damn. Where did you get that!!! I have been looking for one for years.
Was it on eBay?

Yeah it was on ebay.... Someone from columbus georgia where donovan used to live was selling it.... I'm guessing it was his.... Funny thing was he was selling it in a lot with it's power supply and a micro metal muff!! :lol: all for the astronomical final bid of around $240!!! I think i got super lucky on this one!! :marx:
Congrats on the score. I always wanted a DeMarco pedal but it never worked out. Sadly, he passed away right in the middle of our deal. Can't wait to hear it. :popcorn:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
daCod

Post by daCod »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm Congrats on the score. I always wanted a DeMarco pedal but it never worked out. Sadly, he passed away right in the middle of our deal. Can't wait to hear it. :popcorn:
thanks tim! it's pretty killer. definitely a unique box.

both the input gain and contour controls are a 6-position rotary switches.
input gain definitely changes the overall feel of the pedal. from overdrive to full on mahoosive fuzz.
contour is cool but a wee odd. only 4 of the 6 positions actually make a sonic difference. half of the settings are a lower output and more refined than the other. less fizzy.
gain and volume work very much together and VERY amp like. full CCW on the gain and you get no output regardless of where volume is set.

it's been crazy busy around the house and i've had zero free time to really dive into the pedal. didnt get the power supply sorted until late last week. the correct one landed sunday afternoon.

sounds soon... i hope :errr:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lee

Post by Lee »

Yes to MNF too. I miss that thread
daCod

Post by daCod »

Lee wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 pm Yes to MNF too. I miss that thread
Me too :ohno:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")