Early Vox Grey Italian-made Tonebender reference (Data Dump)

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Re: Early Vox Grey Italian-made Tonebender reference (Data D

Post by daCod »

:crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
charge

Post by charge »

Quick and fuzzy video of my OC76 loaded TB (clicking on the pic will take you to the vid:

ImageIMG_4616, on Flickr
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Cool - I liked that Doors lick ( "Hello, I love you" or something ) Nasty! :twisted:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
DBBlues

Re: Early Vox Grey Italian-made Tonebender reference (Data Dump)

Post by DBBlues »

I'm guessing that the AC135 is original and that the flying saucer transistor probably isn't. Does anyone have any idea what the saucer transistor might be?
DBBlues

Post by DBBlues »

jerms

Post by jerms »

sft 337... if you go back a page in this thread there’s one with the same ATES trans
DBBlues

Post by DBBlues »

Jerms -- My ATES AC135 is very much like the other one ... but what is the brown/black domed transistor on my board? Any idea?
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

DBBlues wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 am Jerms -- My ATES AC135 is very much like the other one ... but what is the brown/black domed transistor on my board? Any idea?
Looks like silicon transistor similar to what you'd find in the Astrotone and Fuzzz Boxx. Late 60s make I'd guess.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
DBBlues

Post by DBBlues »

vanguard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 am
DBBlues wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 am Jerms -- My ATES AC135 is very much like the other one ... but what is the brown/black domed transistor on my board? Any idea?
Looks like silicon transistor similar to what you'd find in the Astrotone and Fuzzz Boxx. Late 60s make I'd guess.
I think that you are right. It sounds like a hybrid Si/Ge fuzz, too. I suppose that the smartest thing would be to change that silicon transistor out to a period Ge one, but I think that I'm going to keep it there. Thanks.
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

DBBlues wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:55 am
vanguard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 am
I think that you are right. It sounds like a hybrid Si/Ge fuzz, too. I suppose that the smartest thing would be to change that silicon transistor out to a period Ge one, but I think that I'm going to keep it there. Thanks.
Have you checked out the trace-side of the board? It's highly unlikely, but not impossible, that it's factory. Regardless, I'd definitely leave it in there if it sounds good. I actually think it's rad, and probably a really old mod.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?