The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Doveholes

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by Doveholes »

Gary wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:31 pm Just waiting on the amp heating up then giving this and everything in the house a rattle.
Oh sick, an OTR! Would love to know what the Super Electric pedals are please? As I often struggle pairing fuzz with mine.

Gary

Post by Gary »

:badlove:

You don't see many OTR amps about. I got really lucky and scored it off eBay about 13 years ago. Think it was just under £800 too. My first big boy amp.

I've never had a problem pairing fuzz with it but I did notice that the gain needs to be about halfway. Lot of variables in gear and personal preference but I've always been very happy. My issue is getting a smaller amp that I like just as much as the OTR. Had a Vox AC30 Head and a Fender Blues Deluxe but have sold both. Picked up a Marshalk Origin 20 Head which I'm still mucking about with. Having not played in a band for the last 2/3 years the OTR has been set up at home but I'm fortunate that I can get away with the volume at obscene levels.

The red Super Electric is a MKIII which is my main go-to "always on" fuzz. This bumped off my Lucifer Rising and Magnetic Effects Bad Taste Fuzz. Sold them when times were tougher but wish I still had them. Would love to have both back though. My fav fuzz sound is actually my Sola MK1.5 but I got nervous taking it out at gigs. I wonder what Jimmy's take on it would be like... hmmm

Anyway, the copper Super Electric is a Vox Tone Bender I picked up recently which I've been bonding with nicely, although it took a little fiddling about with the bias knob. For this reason I wouldn't recommend just yet if you're having probs getting a sound you're happy with. I'm really digging it though.

I also have these. The big black is a Dizzy Tone while the Grey Hammerite is a Ge Fuzzrite which helped me part with the Fuzzrong 70 a few years back (the silicone one, think it was FR70?) Both sound great and I especially like the Dizzy.

Check out the MKIII as that's a pedal/circuit I wouldn't dream of being without. Fuzz on max then dial back to suit.

I'm totally out of touch with who is still in the fuzz building game these days (so many came and went in the last 10 years) and I'm glad he's still at it.

I swear I don't work for him!
Attachments
20210830_202732.jpg
20210830_202732.jpg (280.29 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
20210830_202500.jpg
20210830_202500.jpg (363.26 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Doveholes

Post by Doveholes »

Gary wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:11 pm I've never had a problem pairing fuzz with it but I did notice that the gain needs to be about halfway. Lot of variables in gear and personal preference but I've always been very happy.

The red Super Electric is a MKIII which is my main go-to "always on" fuzz. My fav fuzz sound is actually my Sola MK1.5 but I got nervous taking it out at gigs.

I also have these. The big black is a Dizzy Tone while the Grey Hammerite is a Ge Fuzzrite which helped me part with the Fuzzrong 70 a few years back (the silicone one, think it was FR70?) Both sound great and I especially like the Dizzy.

Check out the MKIII as that's a pedal/circuit I wouldn't dream of being without. Fuzz on max then dial back to suit.
Really appreciate the advice and recommendations! Are you going into the Lo or Hi input? Looking forward to checking out some of these fuzzes.

My latest discovery that works wonders is cranking the gain then using an Audio Kitchen Small Trees as an attenuator. So it's always on, then I turn it off to kick in the overdrive. I also love a 24v Hudson Broadcast on the clean boost setting through it.
Gary

Post by Gary »

No worries bud. At home I use the Lo input which only really tames it a smidge. Band practice was always into the Hi input.
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

On loan from sluttyindian.
I had to give this thing a shootout with the long board.

Both different, both great!
Attachments
53327D53-7CEA-4756-AFF7-723BE9B1360C.jpeg
53327D53-7CEA-4756-AFF7-723BE9B1360C.jpeg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1524 times
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Quick rip before work today
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

Roll call.......
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Very nice!
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

Simple set-up. Custom Kraft Red Fury into Jerms Ratscreamer into AC10.
Attachments
78EB131D-091C-4020-8CDF-6B02A9721F6A.jpeg
78EB131D-091C-4020-8CDF-6B02A9721F6A.jpeg (917.42 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
daCod

Post by daCod »

Zacharia Matilda wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:04 am Simple set-up. Custom Kraft Red Fury into Jerms Ratscreamer into AC10.
Fuck.

The.

Yes.

RATSCREAMER!!!! :crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")