WEM Project V pedal

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

theemadcap1

Re: WEM Project V pedal

Post by theemadcap1 »

Here is a demo I quickly did of the WEM Project V right before a show last night. Sorry for the lack of video (I will do another with some light...!). Basically, I start it off with the Volume and Attack at 12:00 and go from there. Took me a minute to get the hang of this pedal, but it does give a big boost. With just the Drive engaged, there is a cut in high frequencies, and a boost (though, not much) of low end, opposite for the Edge (cut's low end and boosts high frequencies); with both engaged---> :party:
Intended to make it a 2-3 minute demo...but playing this pedal it is easy to carried away. Oh, also I have the internal trimmers (which an "Electronics minded" friend says control's the bias of the 3rd and 4th transistors) both set at 12:00... :tu:

Tele> WEM> brown Princeton> Q3

daCod

Post by daCod »

MONSTEROUS :freakout:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

Some demo's Graham just did that are much better than mine... :party:

:cheers: :freakout:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

At least it looks cool!
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

nightraven wrote:At least it looks cool!
I have to say, it took me a bit to warm up to the pedal...but after playing with it for a bit... I am really loving it!!
Learning how the trimmers inside affect the sound is very important to the overall sound, the smallest tweak can radically alter the sound...which is a PITA with 8 screws to take off, to get to it. When I set mine, I tweaked it to sound good with my Tele (which I think it is sounding badass!). I tried mine first with an Old Vox AC2/4 and I didn't like the sound at all... Too small sounding or something (it is only 5-6 watts thru an 8" speaker).
I wonder if it has something to do with impedance...? :hmm:
I have noticed that different guitars makes a HUGE difference! So, I would assume the input section of a particular amp can make an equally big difference. I found that using my brown Princeton, totally made a HUGE difference over the AC2/4!! I can assume it will make an even bigger difference using it with a 40-50 watt tube amp.(!!!) also, playing with the Volume and Tone on your guitar makes big changes in the sound. I would think putting a booster in front of, or after; as well as some echo- would totally add to the badass-ery...!! :party:
It does have some "strange" features, in that the "Drive" switch kill's volume/frequencies and same with the "Edge" (but not as bad..) when engaged alone, but when both are switched on, it is sonic mayhem!!! (The trimmers inside can make a big change there too).
There are a lot of different tones in this pedal, but so far IMO, it sound's best with both trimmers at around 12:00 and then either with both "Drive" and "Edge" both switched On or Off.

I need to do a better demo where you can see what I am doing. I'd like to hear what Graham's sound's like with his National 2x10" amp...!! :tu:
capricorn_1

Post by capricorn_1 »

nice one, good to hear the originals! :party:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sounds as I expected, gnarly, unforgiving and as if it were di'd.

Cool sounds, not thousands of pounds cool, but cool all the same. :tu:
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

Philip wrote:Sounds as I expected, gnarly, unforgiving and as if it were di'd.

Cool sounds, not thousands of pounds cool, but cool all the same. :tu:
:hihi:
It is as cool as a Buzzaround, DizzyTone, SolaSound ToneBender MKII, SupaFuzz MKI, I guess it is all relative....? :idunno:
Got to jam it thru a half-stack Marshall and a Vox AC30 and Holy Moly!!!! This thing is MASSIVE! With a setup that moves more air make ALL the difference!! :party: Harmonics pop out that I didn't hear on the small combos...
Just A-f*ckin-mazing!!! Worth every penny IMHO! :freakout:
Philip

Post by Philip »

:tu:
waveclipper

Post by waveclipper »

theemadcap1 wrote:Here is a demo I quickly did of the WEM Project V right before a show last night...
Sounds great, pretty darned versatile to boot :tu: