WEM Project V pedal

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

capricorn_1

Re: WEM Project V pedal

Post by capricorn_1 »

anemochore wrote:
capricorn_1 wrote:
looks like the same circuit, I haven't tried powering a warmjet with 18v yet but the parts are voltage rated to handle it and they are all built with DC inputs now.
Keep us posted if you do.
I've got a dunlop 18V adapter but would feel much better If you tried it first.
yeah will do, as I said all the capacitors are rated higher than 18v. :tu:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

It runs on both 9 and 18 volts... Still trying to decide if I can hear a difference...? Need to jam it through more than a 1x8" amp and try a few different guitars. Had it open and dialed in the tones with the two mini pots on the circuit. They seem to affect the high end, on one, and the other one, interestingly, at one end makes it have a Tremelo type "ticking"...? I assume it is a biasing of the transistor(s)...?
Need to do a demo in the next few days... :tu:
It is a little Super Fuzz-ish, but has some other sounds and EQing going on too. Maybe a Super Fuzz with MKI tuning and a Treble & Bass Booster... :hmm: definitely, has some crazy gating, especially with tweaking those inner pots, you can get really weird sputtery decay to the notes where it can gate and then come back, gate, come back, gate.... :drunk: Has tones though IMHO, that kill a Super Fuzz...!
:cheers:
redeyeflight

Re:

Post by redeyeflight »

Philip wrote:Does it sound like this?

This song is GREAT!!! Thanks for that Phillip...off to check out the rest of the album! :tu:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

That pedal looks nice! Great score! :crackjam:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by theemadcap1 »

The Captain wrote:Also very intrigued about the 18 volt aspect of this. I swear down the one Graham kindly loaned was smooth like butter, and most folk say this circuit is gated? I've dabbled a lil with the notes and info I took from that unit and it was pretty level and dynamic for the most part. It always struck me as a Super Fuzz minus the debris.
So, you can look at Graham's and it has the holes where it had the 18 volt set up and was converted to 9 volts, at the factory or later...?
Graham's

Mine

Haven't seen the pics of the other one, except the one's on Bart's site, but not shots of the battery setup.

I would say it is a smooth as butter and can be as ragged as a bag of broken glass. It is very dynamic. Especially with the Drive and Edge both engaged. That Twink song Phillip posted is what it sounds almost identical to, having the Drive and Edge off. So, it does a lot of crazy good tones. When you had Graham's, Dave did you lay with the trimmer's on the circuit? I will try to do a demo tomorrow... :cheers:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Aceness!

It's used a lot on that album. :crackjam:

Quite the collection you've got now eh? :tu:
Stu

Post by Stu »

Are you sure it's 18V? The battery snaps appear to be wired in parallel.
HorseyBoy

Re: Re:

Post by HorseyBoy »

redeyeflight wrote: This song is GREAT!!! Thanks for that Phillip...off to check out the rest of the album! :tu:
Be sure to check out the Pink Fairies albums, too - lots of the same players (and all sorts of crossovers with Eno, Hawkwind, etc). I actually prefer those records to "Think Twink".
capricorn_1

Re:

Post by capricorn_1 »

Stu wrote:Are you sure it's 18V? The battery snaps appear to be wired in parallel.
hehe good spot! :hihi:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

This unit has the extra holes as well, nicely spotted madcap!