Way huge havalina

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

squarewave

Way huge havalina

Post by squarewave »

Has anyone had a muck about with one of theses baby's? The demos sound pretty cool and 119 usd I'm willing to take a punt.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
imguitardan

Re: Way huge havalina

Post by imguitardan »

Curious about this my damn self.
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Missed my chance while the wife was in San Fran for work. Did get her to grab me and ehx soul food - should be cool. 90% of a klon at 5% of the price, win win i say.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
Banwell

Post by Banwell »

Yeah I was late to the party about these, but as soon as I saw one I grabbed it. :party:

It's a really good bright pedal. Very easy to setup and get a good sound from - kind of an instant Neil Young tone into a clean amp. There's not as much variation in the sounds as you lower the guitar volume but the last two moves on the dial bring out the fuzz. I AB'd it with a modern tone bender (plum crazy Warhammer - 3 oc81d?) and there's much more creativity and more variation when rolling off the guitar volume. The havalina is a really easy pedal to live with and seems pretty consistent day to day (as is the PC Warhammer, but some germanium fuzzfaces I have can be really picky about temps). In summary, full up its tonebender ish and rolled off its more fuzz face ish.

The relay bypass system it has is something that all pedals should have imo, removes the actual switch out of the circuit so no pops (its switches in and out electronically) but is still true bypass.
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

I was just checking it...any other?
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Anyone could share his experience with the Havalina? I would love some feedbacks from you guys!
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")