Rendar Seahorse

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Stu

Post by Stu »

Pair of PAFs.

daCod

Post by daCod »

and again...
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jreeves47

Re: Rendar Seahorse

Post by jreeves47 »

Nice
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Old thread. :badteeth:

Were the PAF Rendar jacks used in fuzz faces? If so, I assume only the Arbiter labelled ones?
rendar paf.2jpg.jpg
rendar paf.2jpg.jpg (176.95 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
rendar paf.jpg
rendar paf.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Hey guys. Still looking for an answer on the PAF question above. Please and thank you. :badteeth:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Is this kinda like fight club? Nobody's allowed to speak of the ××× Rendar/ Fuzz Face connection? :bangs head: :hihi:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

fernieite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 am Is this kinda like fight club? Nobody's allowed to speak of the ××× Rendar/ Fuzz Face connection? :bangs head: :hihi:
Not everybody has the luxury of owning an Arbiter Fuzz Face! The Rendars in both of my (pre-Dallas) Arbiters have the patent number debossed on them, but this doesn't necessarily mean that Fuzz Faces don't exist with PAF Rendars in, because those sockets are functionally all the same, and the patent was apparently granted back in 1964. It's also such a subtle detail that pics online aren't all that helpful (and these pedals seem often to have the jacks mounted sideways/upside-down anyway). Nothing secretive going on -- I think we just don't know?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

What’s the going rate in 60s fuzz faces these days?
I’ve seen em up for like £1500 up.
Still I regularly see script Clydes for like £2000 when you can grab em for under a grand quite easily.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Nick wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:24 am
fernieite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 am Is this kinda like fight club? Nobody's allowed to speak of the ××× Rendar/ Fuzz Face connection? :bangs head: :hihi:
Not everybody has the luxury of owning an Arbiter Fuzz Face! The Rendars in both of my (pre-Dallas) Arbiters have the patent number debossed on them, but this doesn't necessarily mean that Fuzz Faces don't exist with PAF Rendars in, because those sockets are functionally all the same, and the patent was apparently granted back in 1964. It's also such a subtle detail that pics online aren't all that helpful (and these pedals seem often to have the jacks mounted sideways/upside-down anyway). Nothing secretive going on -- I think we just don't know?
Thanks Nick. Yeah, I was only kidding about it being a secret. :wink2: I just thought it would be more common knowledge with some of the fine folk here on the forum. Not necessarily owning a FF with PAFs, but perhaps having seen a photo of some...

That's a good point you mentioned on the Arbiters having sideways or flipped over jacks. Later on, the Sea Horses were definitely typically shown top up. :tu: