Earth Sound Research - Graphic Fuzz (Data Dump)

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: Earth Sound Research - Graphic Fuzz (Data Dump)

Post by The Captain »

Yeah I got the bum deal :scared:

What you can't see in this picture is all the fucking rust and acid shit all over the pots. Nice!

I console myself by looking at the enclosure. So, when do we get the t-shirts made? :hihi:

kb892

Post by kb892 »

That sucks! Ya know what though? if you made a couple or ten or so you could keep the best one for yourself and sell off the runts to the crowds waiting in the wings... and then do a run of commemerative t-shirts! :tu:
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey captain, that sucks!! it looked like mine had been cleaned up, and some cardboard put in for insulation. the pots on mine are fairly gunked up too.
got a workalike up just now, but haven't got set up with jacks etc... to try a guitar. on the scope they look pretty much alike. the copy first and the original last.
Attachments
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00002.JPG (578.72 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00006.JPG (564.89 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00007.JPG (592.09 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
FOXFIRE

Post by FOXFIRE »

what are the pot values,please? oh and cap values if you feel like it? i've spent way too much time trying to figure this one out... stupid simple easy circuits!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

jerms wrote:hey captain, that sucks!! it looked like mine had been cleaned up...
Ah, I didn't get that honour :hihi: Just gone at it now with a toothbrush and I'm getting sounds....crazy loud sounds!! :shocked: The battery blow out has seriously fucked up the pots, especially the Filter so I might have to pull those to get it rolling proper. Sure is one crazy sounding bastard so far :marx:
jerms

Post by jerms »

pots: filter 1M, level 10K. all caps .1@10v. quite a strange design, i'll try to get a schemo up tonight.
jerms

Post by jerms »

yeah, as i turned up the filter and the tone came in, turning the tone knob will find the sweet spot and cancel the tone out.
FOXFIRE

Post by FOXFIRE »

jerms wrote:pots: filter 1M, level 10K. all caps .1@10v. quite a strange design, i'll try to get a schemo up tonight.
i've got it all figured out now with your pics so no need to bother with the schemo solely on my account... thanks for the info.
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey foxfire, it's a pretty odd circuit isn't it? the filter control connects across the input and output. and the - battery terminal doesn't connect to ground just the #4 pin on the IC and a .1mf/10K pair. the input jack has a completely isolated switch to connect the - battery terminal to the circuit. pretty weird
FOXFIRE

Post by FOXFIRE »

that and no in/out caps. maybe it's so odd because it's the BEST sounding pedal ever? but that's just hte pot in me talking.