MKII pr0n

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Doc Holliday

Re: MKII pr0n

Post by Doc Holliday »

1.5?

It’s late…. Being in the MK2 section I’m sure that’s answered my own question! :/
Last edited by Doc Holliday on Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Yes please gut shot required sir
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
fuzzbug

Post by fuzzbug »

Here it is.
Attachments
20D4F98E-EF02-4FE5-AC4C-918AD2AA6616.jpeg
20D4F98E-EF02-4FE5-AC4C-918AD2AA6616.jpeg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 970 times
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Sexy as all hell
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Is the mustard original?
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

I think it is, because Stu's Supa MKI has an identical mustard in it. This particular Fuzzbug is (IMO) the earliest vintage Tone Bender MKII known thus far to have survived. It's a special one!
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

How early would this be?
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

innerflight wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:05 pm How early would this be? Even earlier than Stu’s Vox branded one? Or the one Steve has, with the trannie underneath?
Much earlier than Stu's Vox MKII (or indeed any Vox-branded MKII at all). Stu's Vox has the OC81D transistor circuit, which puts it among the last of the MKII's that were made, c. 1968. Even the earliest Vox MKII's that we've seen probably weren't built before 1967. Fuzzbug's Fuzzbug, on the other hand, has a few 'MK1.5' & Supa MKI-era features, and I think it was most likely built before even the early "short board" Sola Sound-branded pedals (which were modified/upgraded Tone Bender MK1.5's).

Steve's unbranded pedal with the transistor underneath is one of several weird anomalies in the Tone Bender timeline. Intuitively, one would expect his to be an actual transitional pedal (being a MKII circuit in a 'MK1.5' enclosure), but the selection of parts on the board in Steve's pedal places it quite a bit later in the MKII timeline...
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Ha yeah I edited my original question as I realised it was a bit dumb :hihi:

Such a great score, what’s the story behind this one?

Love how these things surface and how they always have a ‘right place, right time’ story attached to them
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Nick wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm
innerflight wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:05 pm How early would this be? Even earlier than Stu’s Vox branded one? Or the one Steve has, with the trannie underneath?
Much earlier than Stu's Vox MKII (or indeed any Vox-branded MKII at all). Stu's Vox has the OC81D transistor circuit, which puts it among the last of the MKII's that were made, c. 1968. Even the earliest Vox MKII's that we've seen probably weren't built before 1967. Fuzzbug's Fuzzbug, on the other hand, has a few 'MK1.5' & Supa MKI-era features, and I think it was most likely built before even the early "short board" Sola Sound-branded pedals (which were modified/upgraded Tone Bender MK1.5's).

Steve's unbranded pedal with the transistor underneath is one of several weird anomalies in the Tone Bender timeline. Intuitively, one would expect his to be an actual transitional pedal (being a MKII circuit in a 'MK1.5' enclosure), but the selection of parts on the board in Steve's pedal places it quite a bit later in the MKII timeline...
I think we may have spoken about Steve’s before.
I know it’s all subjective but are we thinking the owner of Steve’s 1.5/MK2 possibly brought it into the shop at a later date to get it modified? Or maybe something failed and he returned it and Sola modded it to “new spec” before re-selling it?
I guess there’s many explanations