Fuzz collections!

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

gaussgunn

Re: Fuzz collections!

Post by gaussgunn »

Cool stuff, Dr.Mabuse. How do you compare your schaller fuzz to fuzz face? I was always curious, sometimes thinking bout getting one of those schallers on ebay
Dr.Mabuse

Post by Dr.Mabuse »

Hey Gaussgunn,
Thanks for the comment! The ones I have are very similar. I can only compare them with my Sunface and Big Fuzz, which I got so I wouldn't have to drag the Schaller around and risk breaking it. It compares very favorably with the Sunface. They are pretty wonderful. Very well made, and use really good parts, however they are old and can be kind of cranky. All said I like them a lot.
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

That's a cool looking Sun Face...not to mention everything else.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Is your Cornell an NKT? Red dot or white?
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

White dot NKT275s, did they exist in vintage fuzz faces? I've only ever seen the red dot version :idunno:
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

No, his second fuzz face in his collection looks like a Cornell. Cornell made White Dots, Red Dots and AC128's. Correct me if I'm wrong if it's not the Cornell re-issue from several years back. I just sold a Red Dot re-issue a few weeks ago. Always wanted to try the whites.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Dr.Mabuse

Post by Dr.Mabuse »

Thanks freddy_von. I haven't had it very long. But it sounds great! Not sure why it took me so long to come around to the Sunface.
Hey superslidetail,
The Cornell has ac128's. The housing looks really good but it doesn't sound that great. I keep thinking someday I can get someone to swap out the transistors so it'll sound as good as it looks.
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

Leecifer wrote:^ Nice Collection. I heard the Moonrock is a Octavio Fuzz Face is that correct? I never saw so many of his pedals before.

Can you do a demo of any of them?
leecifer,
i recall some analysis many years ago, GS may have actually commented , the moonrock had some ' influence' from the ampeg scrambler but was wholly different in other ways, particularly in the way the control knob ran it thru varying types of fuzz and reactions a brilliantly simple approach.

as perryr outlines in his description, the one control really does achieve what wyllie intended!

edit - GREAT thread at aron's where the talented people dissect and figure this one out: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/i ... c=108341.0

love Gs wyllie , Rest In Peace, his site and schematics were always an inspiration. a one man artist/ electronics tour de force. his pedals were unique & will live on >>>
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

000s.jpg
000s.jpg (189.28 KiB) Viewed 4258 times

:)
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

Unfair collection :wink2:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair