British Pedal Company

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Doc Holliday

Re: British Pedal Company

Post by Doc Holliday »

And a shame for the next poor Sod that buys it when he finds out.
This will be passed on and sold a few times I’m sure.
UL4120

Post by UL4120 »

Doc Holliday wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:49 am And a shame for the next poor Sod that buys it when he finds out.
This will be passed on and sold a few times I’m sure.
I have to wonder though, it looks extremely convincing. Considering that Anthony put in so much work to make the ressue MKI look right, i have no idea how they were able to produce a case that looks so authentic, small details aside. I looked at some photos of original Tone Benders and compared it to the fake one and there's one detail which may or may not be just slightly off but I won't mention it in case i'm correct (which i don't necessarily think i am)

If only these put that effort into making high quality products of their own making instead of duping people but alas...

going through sold listings theres also this one which i assume isn't authentic either consodering it has the Denmark Street connection? Image

Really scares one off of ever dropping serious money on a vintage MKI. If i ever get fortunate enough to afford one i'll have to be very careful

I also saw a wooden one but i didn't think that was authentic since i always thought there was only one extant unit, in Graham's possession I belive
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

UL4120 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 pm If only these put that effort into making high quality products of their own making instead of duping people but alas...
Grifters gonna grift unfortunately
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

UL4120 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 pm
going through sold listings theres also this one which i assume isn't authentic either consodering it has the Denmark Street connection?

Really scares one off of ever dropping serious money on a vintage MKI. If i ever get fortunate enough to afford one i'll have to be very careful
Yeah, fake as well. When buying a MKI, you better know what you're doing. Most that are being sold are fake.
Everything is transitional.
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Electric Warrior wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:37 am Yeah, fake as well. When buying a MKI, you better know what you're doing. Most that are being sold are fake.
Definitely why I don't waste time scoring one :badteeth: :hihi:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Don’t listen to them, it’s all an elaborate plan so us noobs don’t stumble on one and buy it :marx: :hihi:
’brutish in character but not thug like’