"level and attack" book review?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Rygar

Re: "level and attack" book review?

Post by Rygar »

Quality book, very well done. Worth the expense.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Excellent. Thanks for the comments guys.
Looking forward to receiving it.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Well, I got my copy yesterday. Very happy with it! I've read through the MK I, I.5 and II so far. I liked the Dick Taylor Tone Bender musings. Had to go and have a listen to The Pretty Things S.F. Sorrow album after that. :tu:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Seen the Pretty Things loads of times, Dick Taylor was always fantastic and got amazing tones from all of his guitars. Last few times I saw him he was using a lovely old Selmer amp that was on the verge of bursting. I got a look at his pedalboard at a gig a couple of years ago in Brighton and he had a “wee lush mk2” on it. I read an interview once where he said he had a “new” sola sound mk2 given to him (which I assume was one of David’s builds) and he got it rehoused into a smaller box so he could gig with it on his pedalboard (assume this was it!). Be great if the Captain had any info on which mk2 this was because it sounded out of this world live! I got Tom at WeeLush to make one like it for me and it sounds great too.

I’d love a copy of this book by the way - very jealous
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
FuzzSonic

Post by FuzzSonic »

Thank you for the very positive words everyone - Much appreciated - I have to say I was a little nervous opening the thread up.

On a personal note - we put everything we had into making the book as good as we could. When I sent it off to print I had a huge gut churning moment of self doubt "what the hell have we done, no ones going to buy this?". It was really horrible. When you have seen each page thousands of times you lose any/all perspective on it.

Fast forward a month or so and I walked into Macaris with the first copy from the printers. I'll never forget seeing Ant's face as he looked through it - such a special moment. I think it was then we agreed that even if no body buys it we know we'd done as good a job as we could and that's a good feeling.

cheers all :cheers:
Spook

Post by Spook »

I think you did a great job, both the content and layout.
It's an amazing book, so glad i got a copy, pull it out now and then and get inspirerad to plug in a bender and rip.
:pazuzu:
TeleSoul

Post by TeleSoul »

Will there be another run of these possibly? I keep trying to buy a copy to no avail 😭
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

The publishers stated that it would never be reprinted when it came out but one never knows...……..
Jazzmann

Post by Jazzmann »

Its just an amazing book! Its a spa for the mind to just sit and look at those pictures! Sooo glad I grabbed one!