So . . . . . thought I'd let you guys know first

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Re: So . . . . . thought I'd let you guys know first

Post by Lach »

I wish I'd have had a chance to visit the shop, it was in my travel plans over the next year or so... but, pandemic, funds, it wasn't looking likely. Blah blah sob sob.
This sounds awesome Ant! Can't wait to see and meet you in your new place, wishing you all the best of luck with it. Sounds exciting! Shine on Macari's, Sola for life :freakout:
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

Ah that's a shame. Good luck with the new one. Ramsgate needs another guitar shop, just saying...
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Thanks everyone . .

its really funny . Because of restrictions it's basically Me and Steve rolling 4x12s down Charing Cross Rd - you can;t park very close .

The amount of stock in the shop is absolutely staggering once you start to move it

I havent found a Vox Continental behind a hidden door yet , like my Dad did when he moved out of 102 but theres still time . I did find the lease for my Grandads first music shop - pretty cool !

The shop we're going to is a real . exam papers and the odd piano type place - its so so strange moving stuff in there , and the security is terrible so I cant put expensive stock in yet .

So we've hired storage unit - like in Breaking Bad - fantastic !

It's going to take a while - but we'll get there

It's actually a lot of hard work but it's fun

Just wish the landlords would cut us a bit of slack . .. ha . . and pigs might fly !

thanks again

Ant
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Best wishes on the new space to you guys. Looking forward to visiting the new space one of these days. You guys are the best!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

get_with_it wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm Thanks everyone . .

its really funny . Because of restrictions it's basically Me and Steve rolling 4x12s down Charing Cross Rd - you can;t park very close .

The amount of stock in the shop is absolutely staggering once you start to move it

I havent found a Vox Continental behind a hidden door yet , like my Dad did when he moved out of 102 but theres still time . I did find the lease for my Grandads first music shop - pretty cool !

The shop we're going to is a real . exam papers and the odd piano type place - its so so strange moving stuff in there , and the security is terrible so I cant put expensive stock in yet .

So we've hired storage unit - like in Breaking Bad - fantastic !

It's going to take a while - but we'll get there

It's actually a lot of hard work but it's fun

Just wish the landlords would cut us a bit of slack . .. ha . . and pigs might fly !

thanks again

Ant
I think Pink Floyd captured proof that pigs do fly in London skies . Well they did in 1976 around the Battersea power station😀
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Sometimes change is good. It sounds exciting. I can't wait to see where you all go from here. I'm sure it will turn out great!
DiscoFreq

Post by DiscoFreq »

Under other circumstances, there would be a lot of volunteers to help you :-)

(I suppose there still are, just not possible right now...)
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
so&so

Post by so&so »

Best wishes for this new chapter.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Sad to hear the old shop is closing but it’s heartwarming to hear that you will move to pastures new. Wishing you all the best for the future and I look forward to finding out where the new gaff is.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
simonm

Post by simonm »

I used to go to the shop at 102 for picks and strings as a kid in the late 70s, so probably bought stuff from there, and Denmark st and the current shop too. Can’t wait to hear where the the new shop is! Good luck!
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT