Boss / Sola ... really?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

peps1

Re: Boss / Sola ... really?

Post by peps1 »

Francus1971 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:42 am Business or whatever it could be/name, hope you get what you want

Do not care Who will gain more or less from this operation, surely i prefer the house where fuzz was born, where I bought a real bender some years ago
I thought i ‘d buy a tb2w, but not at this conditions, and believe me the worst thing (for me ) in this operation is the limited number of pedals . The price is too high too , but this limited number has made me hungrier than anything else

In the end balance is really positive for sola.. lost a naive fuzz addicted like me, but will gain a lot of new customer and popolarity

Well done
Limited editions always cost more money as they are limited not only in number but also in the economy of scale, it simply costs more to make each unit.

Macaris will be making peanuts on this licencing deal compared to the pedal price, I expect its totally about getting the name out and staying relevant in a saturated market, 100% sure if they had taken the time and effort into making this project happen into putting out another inhouse pedal they would have made a hell of a lot more money, and at the end of the day Boss could have just put the pedal out with another name and don't think we would see a shift in price.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I guess to be fair to boss they could have gone to BPC
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 pm I guess to be fair to boss they could have gone to BPC
They are the home of fuzz since 1965! :hihi:
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

peps1 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:18 pm
Doc Holliday wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 pm I guess to be fair to boss they could have gone to BPC
They are the home of fuzz since 1965! :hihi:
You meant to say "1966 1965" :badteeth:
Everything is transitional.
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

I don't think Australia even got a pre-order haha.
Ben
Sentenced

Post by Sentenced »

Laservampire wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 pm I don't think Australia even got a pre-order haha.
A few places like DJcity actually lasted for some time... The problem over there was that the price was a little inflated. I have seen 599 AUD in some places. What is your local VAT, 10%? If so it is probably a violation of MSRP or whatever (about 50 euros more expensive than Europe/US). If the tax is much more than this - my mistake!
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

It would be interesting a poll about buying/not buying this pedal. :coffee: :popcorn:
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I’ve ordered one (from Macaris). I’m very curious to see how it sounds, look forward to checking it out.
pulse.

Post by pulse. »

Spook

Post by Spook »

pulse. wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:32 pm [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWc1PKVd5JM[/youtube]
:paranoid:
:pazuzu: