Dba Fuzz war v1

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Spook

Dba Fuzz war v1

Post by Spook »

Sooooo how "rare" is the v1? i almost never see them for sale... and does all 2 knobbers have 7 trannies ?
Or are there 2 knob v2's.
Have one coming and would love some info and opinions on the different versions :)

this is the one coming my way..
:pazuzu:
HorseyBoy

Re: Dba Fuzz war v1

Post by HorseyBoy »

All I know about the Fuzz War is that Ty Segall uses one and it always sounds fucking great. Enjoy!
Lach

Post by Lach »

I've had a few of the 2 knobbers, they're a good time! Bit of a Muff/Rat crossover with sharper teeth. @Freddy_Von knows them well and might hopefully chime in.

I've had number 44, 676 and 860, all 2 knobbers, so there's at least 860 out there. All 3 were quite different in feel, attack, sustain from memory. 44 was particularly quiet, barely unity, 676 was very trebly, 860 was one of the loudest pedals ever! Good luck with it! I'm sure it'll be fun
Spook

Post by Spook »

Lach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:21 am I've had a few of the 2 knobbers, they're a good time! Bit of a Muff/Rat crossover with sharper teeth. @Freddy_Von knows them well and might hopefully chime in.

I've had number 44, 676 and 860, all 2 knobbers, so there's at least 860 out there. All 3 were quite different in feel, attack, sustain from memory. 44 was particularly quiet, barely unity, 676 was very trebly, 860 was one of the loudest pedals ever! Good luck with it! I'm sure it'll be fun
Thanks, great info about the differences !:)
Do you know if all of them was 7 trannies ?
Spook

Post by Spook »

HorseyBoy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:51 pm All I know about the Fuzz War is that Ty Segall uses one and it always sounds fucking great. Enjoy!
For sure, he's a big reason i picked it up, plus i've wanted one since the Pgs demo with Andy
Lach

Post by Lach »

Spook wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 am
Lach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:21 am I've had a few of the 2 knobbers, they're a good time! Bit of a Muff/Rat crossover with sharper teeth. @Freddy_Von knows them well and might hopefully chime in.

Thanks, great info about the differences !:)
Do you know if all of them was 7 trannies ?
No, not sure sorry Spook! I'm slowly getting better at noting what I had and what was in it... at least I caught the serials! I bought #44 on here from someone who was a massive fan of the circuit, though I can't remember who. Sorry I can't be more helpful
rootfifthoctave

Post by rootfifthoctave »

i had 44, i don't remember it being quiet, it was an all-or-nothing sort of thing. just huge thump and low end at pretty much all settings. i'd say i find the "final" version more useful, but the apocalypse is the real favourite from what i've tried.

only dba i have at the mo is an echo dream 2!
moose

Post by moose »

Not all two knobbers are the old V1 7 transistor version. The one in the picture looks like the four transistor two knobber.

The pic below show the 7 transistor circuit board. Crazy thing is that it's from December 9th 2008.

Spook

Post by Spook »

moose wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:47 am Not all two knobbers are the old V1 7 transistor version. The one in the picture looks like the four transistor two knobber.

The pic below show the 7 transistor circuit board. Crazy thing is that it's from December 9th 2008.

Thanks, that is what i also was thinking, i wonder if the "newer" board is indicative 4 transistors version ?
Spook

Post by Spook »

i found #239 online, also has the "newer" board..so the change came quite early on