ThorpyFX getting in the Tone Bender game

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

hamoftruth

ThorpyFX getting in the Tone Bender game

Post by hamoftruth »

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/1W4Kro-m8-Y
[/youtube]

I can't fucking make YouTube links work :hihi:

Doesn't really sound like most Tone Benders I've played...but it does have some cool sounds in there

Being as the MK1, the MK1.5/MK2, and MK3/MK4 are all quite different circuits I would imagine this pedal is its own different circuit to approximate a variety of sounds that approach those vibes.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Re: ThorpyFX getting in the Tone Bender game

Post by Nick »

Wanna bet that it's just a copy of a MKII, but with a switchable first stage? Jerms was making MKII's like that years ago...
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

hamoftruth wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:51 am

I can't fucking make YouTube links work :hihi:

Doesn't really sound like most Tone Benders I've played...but it does have some cool sounds in there

Being as the MK1, the MK1.5/MK2, and MK3/MK4 are all quite different circuits I would imagine this pedal is its own different circuit to approximate a variety of sounds that approach those vibes.
Fixed.
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

On his web site he's a bit coy about the transistors in it - just says they took years to collect for the run.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Yawn. This will undoubtedly sell well but Thorpy just feels incredibly pedestrian to me. With one exception (the pulse doppler…which sounds super interesting). Pretty dissapointed that they “updated” the lovetone effects by taking out everything that was unique and interesting about them.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

redeyeflight wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:50 am Yawn. This will undoubtedly sell well but Thorpy just feels incredibly pedestrian to me. With one exception (the pulse doppler…which sounds super interesting). Pretty dissapointed that they “updated” the lovetone effects by taking out everything that was unique and interesting about them.
Yeah, I feel exactly the same way about the Lovetone "updates". Aside from that, not a fan of the aesthetics or the sounds. But hey, whatever works for the player is all that ever matters.