Vintage Technology Pedals. (data dump)

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

superslidetail

Re: Vintage Technology Pedals. (data dump)

Post by superslidetail »

It's quite crazy how much a difference the battery makes in this pedal. For me, the alkaline or even the one he sent with it do not sound too great imo, kind of harsh actually. But once I popped a carbon zinc in there it was full and fuzzy.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
jerms

Post by jerms »

superslidetail wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 am It's quite crazy how much a difference the battery makes in this pedal. For me, the alkaline or even the one he sent with it do not sound too great imo, kind of harsh actually. But once I popped a carbon zinc in there it was full and fuzzy.
makes a huge diff in the overall volume of the pedal too! alkalines are barely unity gain if that!
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

I accidentally stumbled across someone connected with Tracy Sands who is apparently still selling these things on his behalf (and for a ridiculously reasonable price by current standards).
Might be of interest to forumites here! (no affiliation, obviously) https://jayrosen.com/products/vintage-t ... fuzz-pedal
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Tracy still sells them on ebay too or as late as last year he did.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
jerms

Post by jerms »

Nick wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:08 pm I accidentally stumbled across someone connected with Tracy Sands who is apparently still selling these things on his behalf (and for a ridiculously reasonable price by current standards).
Might be of interest to forumites here! (no affiliation, obviously) https://jayrosen.com/products/vintage-t ... fuzz-pedal
thanks for the link to Jay Rosen! i bought so much stuff from him in the past and lost track of him...
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Holy crap, Jay Rosen! I know him from my Guitar Show days in the '90's and the '00's. Fun and unusual guy. He always had really interesting things to sell.
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy