POST YOUR PEDALBOARD

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

TheWarmth

Re: POST YOUR PEDALBOARD

Post by TheWarmth »

starlingbrothers wrote:That's a fancy looking pedalboard !! But does the music sound any better with all that flash gear :lol: I've seen thousands of bands over the years and sometimes the cheapest, crappiest looking gear is pushed to the limit to create amazing sounds and performances. I've probably owned about 300 different effects, 75 amps, 100 guitars since the early 1970's (selling most of them due to lack of space to keep them, three wives, 7 kids and general paying off the debts) and the more that I had the less I pushed myself to work with the limitations and really stretch out. I found that I was more creative when I had less sonic options :tu:
I don't know. I consider myself fairly creative and I really dig the tones I get with around ten high quality pedals on my board.
Attachments
Pedalboard September 2008.JPG
Pedalboard September 2008.JPG (932.31 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Teese Picture wah>whammy>BYOC Tone Bender>Dice Works Muff Diver>HBE Power Screamer>Fulltone Deja Vibe>Small Stone>Keeley TR2>DOD 440 clone>MXR analog delay>Boss Looper.
Philip

Post by Philip »

:badteeth:
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

That's pristine Philip.

Someone mentioned the Schumann PLL and I checked it out and it might be the exact thing I was looking for to double my guitar sound. It says it can sound like exactly that. Do you just order through the site? How much are they? So much needs to be known, so little time. :hihi:

P.S. I can move this if this is OT.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

I emailed the guy a couple of weeks ago and he never got back to me....
G.
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

You can pretty much forget about getting any Schumann products. My understanding is that he's had some personal issues that have kept him from building for many years now. I met him at the store he was working at in Brooklyn about five years ago. He sold me a Lion (one of his distortion pedals) and demoed the PLL (way too fucking crazy for me) for me. Nice guy, but I've tried contacting him a few times over the years and he has never responded.
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

Sickle wrote:How do you like that Korg filter? I came close to grabbing one of those a couple times..
Nothing special really. For long filter sweeps it's fine, no auto-wah fun though. Never had the expression pedal for it, could be cool with that, don't know. Sold it the other day. Going for a Meatball or clone( Barge Concepts - The Grinder, maybe even. Waiting for some reviews on that).
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

markom89 wrote:GTHM, How do you like the Octo '59? It's on my top 3 "to get" list... I've got Alex's Fuzzy Boy and love it.
Awsome board/collection there.
Thanks buddy.

The Fuzzy Boy is next on my list(the non D*A*M one...). The '59 sounds vintage and modern at the same time, can't really explain it. It's a "mature" pedal, very classy/refined. Love it. When you crank the Input pot all the way(Fuzz engaged also), you get this magical crackle as a note decays.

I usually have to decide: do I want the D*A*M or Dirty Boy attitude/signature sound for this song?

p.s The Germanium Boy(boost), sweet, but does not have the instant magic of the Rooster. Ahh, Red Rooster... :drool2:
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

TheWarmth wrote: I really dig the tones I get
Of course you do, you Toneczar pimp! :tongue:
markom89

Post by markom89 »

Hey man,

If you'd still be interested in a Meatball by the time you're ready to buy, gimme a shout...
I'm selling one, and I'm sure we could work something out.

Cheers,

Marko

P.S. Yeah, I love the Dirty Boy pedals, and Alex is a cool cat.