Grand Magnus Orbiter

Tommy's Guitar Shop custom build.

Moderator: The Captain

fendersilver

Re: Grand Magnus Orbiter

Post by fendersilver »

The Orbiter has excellent distortion, with gobs of sustain, and produces grand magnus octave sounds.

It will blow your mind... :headpop:

I AM NUMBER FOUR :cheers:
DSC01942.JPG
DSC01942.JPG (131.44 KiB) Viewed 9146 times

________________________________________________________________________________
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

question for Orbiter owners: does your signal momentarily cut out when engaging the octave fuzz? That was happening to me yesterday. I don't remember anything like that ever happening, but it is possible that I just never noticed.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com
Lee

Post by Lee »

There is a slight drop of volume but it shouldn't cut the signal off. Usually I'm only sustaining a note or not playing at all when switching the octave on. It's not noticeable on mine :hmm:

Owning various other octave fuzz pedals the Orbiter is the best so far when turning on and off the Octave while playing others would have a steep volume drop in gain and some times a poping sound
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

Thanks for the reply Lee. I need to play it some more today to determine whether it is volume drop or signal cutting out, but either way it was significant enough to make me think it was cutting out yesterday.

EDIT: just spent some time listening closely and the signal is definitely cutting out for a second
migsmoon.bandcamp.com
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

ok - here is another Orbiter question: When I roll back the guitar volume to zero-nothing-off I get quite a big noise from the Orbiter - as if something starts to oscillate - not as loud as the signal by far - but loud enough to be disturbing. Tried out all my guitars and got the same result.
Any thoughts/ experiences on that?
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
The Captain

Re:

Post by The Captain »

mam8dg wrote:question for Orbiter owners: does your signal momentarily cut out when engaging the octave fuzz?
Audibly it shouldn't. If you have the Orbiter engaged while you are not playing and then you hit the octave switch you'll hear what you could interpret as a momentary cut-off. The signal almost dips into the octave stage if that makes. Almost like you a kicking on a noise gate. Like I say this should not be a audio cut-off. If you palm mute on an open string then quickly toggle the octave in and out you should not hear any audio loss from the fuzz to the fuzz octave effect.
norhyme wrote:ok - here is another Orbiter question: When I roll back the guitar volume to zero-nothing-off I get quite a big noise from the Orbiter - ...experiences on that?
None. The Orbiter should be very stable for such a high gain device. It was one of the main things I wanted to get away from with the original Doubler, as in, it is as noisy as shit and very unstable, to the point of usability at some settings. The background noise on the Orbiter should be relatively low.

At what settings do you have when you experience this?

Is Orbiter very close to the amplifier?

How are you powering the Orbiter?

Is there anything else in your signal chain when this occurs?

Stupid questions: have you checked all cables for faults and any ground breaks?

If either of you guys think you have a fault with your pedal shoot me a PM or drop me a email.
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

Thanks for the reply Captain. I'll record a clip and shoot you an e-mail later today.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com