Thrown to the Dogs. Eat some Grease.

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re: Thrown to the Dogs. Eat some Grease.

Post by anemochore »

anemochore wrote:I like the enclosure.
Been trying to get our other guitarist to shell out for one. It's really up his alley. I'm the fuzzy noise maker.
If I didn't already have a Jerms Silicon Rightfuzz I'd be all over the silicon Fuzzrong.
...and if I were rich I'd be all over it anyway.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Lee

Post by Lee »

I do think most people either didn't know how to use it or most people just didn't want to use the GB-83 properly. The Gb-83 is very Instrument and Amp sensitive but what's really cool about about the GB-83 and most other D*A*M Pedals is that small increments on the knobs give different tonalities for your sound. Most people don't like to change around their amp or pedal settings they just want to "set it and forget it" they probably thought the GB-83 was just a Silicon Fuzz but it is so much more.

I borrowed one from a friend and I loved it especially stacking the GB-83 with other pedals it really made other Fuzz pedals all Greasy and produced different tones that I never thought it could produce. Much better then just a Range Master type pedal but with Dirt. I'm always tweaking my pedals and amps settings they are never the same. The GB-83 was the Perfect pedal for me for stacking with other pedals. When I used the Gb-83 with Modulation I could add just enough dirt for my liking. Such a Cool pedal. Too Bad I'm a poor bastard right now the GB-83 was on my to buy list. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Hey Captain is there any Black and Purple ones left?
Nervous Nick

Post by Nervous Nick »

I agree, the GB-83 is great for stacking with other pedals, especially Tone Benders....
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Nervous Nick wrote:I agree, the GB-83 is great for stacking with other pedals, especially Tone Benders....
Absolutely! The GB83 is an amazing pedal when used with other fuzz pedals or a dirty amp.

I sold mine recently to help fund an amp purchase. There seemed to be a few about so figured I would pick up another. No doubt I will have to pay way more now they've been axed! :smashed:

The black and purple GB83 is one of my favourite D*A*M colour schemes - hopefully my next one will be black n purple! :badlove:
Logic should not interfere with determination
Philip

Post by Philip »

I found it quite inspiring even though it isn't really voiced for my tastes.

Markoni

Post by Markoni »

It has been a favourite of mine and had it modded by Dave to add a 9v jack so I could hook it up and forget about it. I gigged with it for a good six months as my main fuzzy dirt into a breaking up Dr Z Remedy and had no problems being heard in the mix.

I haven't used it in a while now though as I ended up missing some bottom end that I thought it lacked. That said I now have a Matamp that booms like a bastard so I really should re-visit it :crackjam:

Def a pedal I will never get rid of...shame on you Paula ha ha :oldlol:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

I echo the statements from above. It took me a bit t figure it out but damn once i did there is no going back. It just one of those pedals you can do about anything with
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."