Queen Sized Boner....Yard

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Queen Sized Boner....Yard

Post by The Captain »

Ahoy ahoy land lubbers, three more customs go up tomorrow. The Bone Yard, Size Queen and Fuzzaround 2 of the 3 Black n Gold's. Details below...

Thanks to Mr. Dazed & Confused the the photo inspirations :hihi:

The Bone Yard is what Linz named her artwork so I guess that is what the pedal is called. Its a Deluxe Meathead and a Sonic Titan in one beastly ole box. I think someone guessed that right :party: The triple Tone would have been to obvious for sure....another time eh.
The Meathead is tuned really nasty, lots of extra snarl almost boarding on 1966 style buzziness. Not overly gated but really pushing hard with lots of compression. The Titan is pretty much stock just juiced for a tad more volume so adds mucho boosto when engaged along with the Meathead. The input socket runs into the Meathead and then into the Titan. The first switch on the right is to engage the Meat and the far left switch is to engage the Titan. The centre switch is the master bypass...it will either activate or deactivate both sections at once. Theses two circuits stack ever so well together so the master switch and the tunability of each section adds a hell of a lot of sonic possibilities to hand.

Okay then the Size Queen. First up apologies to the ladies present for my taste it painting schemes. My mind was polluted via Russ Meyer in my youth so I hold him personally responsible. :hihi:
Secondly it is not based on a Zvex pedal in any shape or form! I like some of the Zvex stuff and I really think its sucks ass so many folk rip of his shit and sell it on eBay. Ain't my style. I know a lot of our pedals are based on other folks design, the MKII and 1966 for example, but I consider this a tasteful way to replicate something that is hard to otherwise acquire.
Any huw, nothing to do with a Zvex pedal. The enclosure layout is based around the layout on a Woolly Mammoth I have, the similarities end there.
For the record there is a D*A*M Fuzz Factory. I think either Slo Dave or Slo Chris has it now?!?! I won a genuine Zvex empty case of the bay time ago and copied the Fuzz Factory guts I already owned and rebuilt the thing. I made no profit on this. I'm getting of track here just making it clear I don't "clone" new shit.

So...Its loosely based on the 1966 but its tuned quite differently. The idea is that its designed to be run gated, not in a bad why as such, but so its presented in a musical way. The Squeeze control is the bias control. Set far left the tone is at its most gated. Sounds akin to how an Octavia would carve up your tone but minus the upper octaves. Rolling over to the right, squeezing the tone, the tone compresses and enters more friendly territory. This control is carefully tuned so the whole rotation can be used musically. The Shape control is the input gain. It takes the bottom end out and thins out the fuzz tone hence the wording of the control. Swell is a volume control but wired a little differently so it...er...swells. The pedal is tuned pretty bass heavy and the volume gets into boost regions pretty sharpish but the swell adds a little more interesting coloration. Size is basically the Fuzz control. So there ya go its fat, fuzzy, heavy and very 1970's. Works killer with single coil p-ups & clean tone amps and was ideally designed to be played loud. Not that it will sound bad played at lower levels just its tuning and projection will really come into play at higher volumes.

BTW - The pics on the Bay are censored so there are a few shown here. I had listings removed in the past for mentioning a particular colour of some paint I had used?!? So I ain't taking any chances here. Cartoon boobs could quite possibly upset set someone out there especially if they're bored. I actually got a mad email of a Jesus freak last year telling me I was blasphemous for "making money out of the lords word" no shit! I thought someone was pulling my pisser but it seemed really genuine. I was all for replying but Linzi talked me out of it. Pah!

All are 3 day auctions, start at £66.66 and the times are GMT.

6.30pm - Bone Yard

9.30pm - Size Queen

11.30pm - Fuzzaround 2 of 3 Black n Gold

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Differential-A ... festationz

Stay tuned for silicon 1966 pics...will be tomorrow now.
jimi_dylan

Re: Queen Sized Boner....Yard

Post by jimi_dylan »

:jerkoff: EDITED FOR CLARITY.
Last edited by jimi_dylan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

You really do insist on going down in fuzzhistory don't you :cheers:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

That's just really offensive, Dave
forshame...NOW, GIMME!!!
:freakout:
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

Wow, cool Dave and Linzi.
Cado

Post by Cado »

Incredible! :badlove:
nurket

Post by nurket »

Very nice!!! :party:

Think I'd have a better chance with BIN on these two but what they hey.... :dance:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

You can call me boner Bob now, :hihi:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by mezcalhead »

I am not man enough to cope with that there Bone Yard pedal.

:errr:
happiass

Post by happiass »

Amazing (as usual). Never tried running a Meathead into the Titan, I'm going to go do that now. :freakout: