Re: Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

Post by devnulljp »

yuk yuk yuk yuk!
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
xeper

Post by xeper »

I'll have a go, even though I have a few posts here already.

My name is Roy, I live in Norway. My english is pretty shitty, so go easy on me. :)
I'm 23 years old, and I started playing guitar pretty late in my life, was probably 16 og 17.
I've just recently been able to afford the gear I want, most of my "career" I've been playing on a Roland Cube and some shitty guitars.
Now I have a Gibson Les Paul R8, a Tiny Terror, a few stompboxes, including three DAMs(Fuzzrong, Meathead and a Sonic Titan). Oh yea, and I just bought a Strat. Now I'm looking for a new amp.
I listen to all sorts of music, but I guess mostly stoner, sludge stuff.
Well, that's me, can't think of much else to say. :)
skybone

Post by skybone »

Hi, I'm Muzz and I'm a fuzz addict... :dance: :fu:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

My name is Chris, I'm 32 and live in Brighton. My profile name lies - I am not a doctor. I am instead fairly poor so do not have a large array of DAM pedals to interest you all with. I'd love to be able to join in with the ebay auctions but I'm just too slow, man! I am, however, on drag'n'fly list 2 so will hopefully be feeling the love some time this year.

Guitar-wise I've got a Gibson '58 VOS Les Paul, a Gibson SG Special (30th birthday present from my lovely girlfriend, Ellie) and a Fender Strat.

Amps are a Mesa Lonestar Classic, which I've switched the 6L6's for 6V6's on. Also got a Sheldon TT3-R.

Pedals I've got are a Teese Picture Wah, Whammy, Dice Works Muff Diver, HBE Power Screamer, Fulltone Deja Vibe, Small Stone, Keeley TR-2, Mojo Hand Analog Filter (DOD 440 clone), MXR Carbon Copy, Carl Martin Delayla XL and Boss RC-2.
Last edited by Doctor X on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starlingbrothers

Post by starlingbrothers »

Sickle wrote:Started playing guitar again about a year and a half ago, and the fates led me to David Main through talking to David from Slomatics, a really crappy sludgecore band that rips off my old shit pretty bad. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Yeah, they give D*A*M pedals a bad name :hihi: If I'd heard them before hearing of our Captain I'd never had got hooked with D*A*M obsession :love:

Just joking lads, I think the Slomatics are well f~~king cool :tu:
Fuzz-Sound MKIV

Post by Fuzz-Sound MKIV »

Why not...
I collect pedals (79 at last count) and I became a fan of D*A*M pedals 4 years ago. I first got a 1966 and MKII from Musictoyz, then a second hand Ram Head on ebay, a small box PCB Ram Head, and I'm also the proud owner of the Supa Bee MKII and Fuzz Sound MKIV pedals that sold in a few minutes about a year ago. :headbanger: (I haven't been able to score anything from the store since :doh: ). I also like baseball, hockey, and long walks on the beach :hihi:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Sickle wrote:I'm Sickle, 38 years old, born and raised in Miami, Florida. I grew up in the middle of the south Florida Death Metal scene and knew tons of those old death metal/grindcore bands. Me and my buddy Steve Brooks slowly began moving away from that stuff into the Seattle grunge scene and both ended up huge fans of a band called The Melvins. After seeing them on the Bullhead tour, Steve locked himself in a room for about six months with another of our buddies, Anthony. They emerged with a couple of tapes for a band they called Floor. I was asked to pick up bass and join em, which I instantly did, as Floor was everything I loved from all the different kinds of music we listened to, it was all just there in perfect amounts.

Back then I was one of the best tattoo artists in the state, and was pretty overbearing, although it was mostly a gag that some people realized and some didn't. Because most didn't ( :hihi: ), I ended up getting the boot from Floor right before we got signed, but I was able to do a couple 7 inches, and had my fun, so it was all well and good. I sold my gear and missed an opportunity to join Eyehategod for the recording of their followup Ep to Take as needed for Pain, and that one really put me in a huge downer that lasted a pretty long time. Got messed up on lotsa drugs for uh..years and years, kinda, and pulled my head out of my ass after having my first child, Nova, in 2003(also have a one year old son now, Drake, and he's the most kick ass thing in my entire life).

Still tattooing now more than 20 years, I've had a pretty good time with it all. I've known tons of cool people, one of my first clients was Marlyn Manson, and yeah, he's pretty much a total dickhead, but he was really cool back in the day. I also got to give Jimmy Bowers from Eyehategod, Superjoint Ritual, and Down his Black Flag bars, a distinct honor for me not many people can relate to, but still means a lot!

Started playing guitar again about a year and a half ago, and the fates led me to David Main through talking to David from Slomatics, a really crappy sludgecore band that rips off my old shit pretty bad. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I love this forum and the members here, and bust my ass to make the place as cool a joint to chill in as you can find anywhere.

Long Live D*A*M!!

:trippn: :trippn: :trippn:
How dare you, that's an outrage. It's the Melvins old shit we rip off wholesale, any similarity to Floor is purely coincidental :oldlol:

We played a gig in Liverpool once and were listed as "Belfast Floor Worship". Imagine if you read that, not knowing Floor was a band!

My name is David, I am a 37 year old fuzz lovin', high school teachin' father-to-be come May. I got in early on D*A*M, and now regret spreading the word (ah, the days of the custom shop...) :whistle: I play in a crappy sludgecore band called Slomatics, and a crappy stoner riffrock band called Fuckhammer. I like loud amps, black guitars and have an un-natural fixation with the Meathead. My hobbies are reading, mexican food, cycling and lately, raquet sports. I have big sideburns and one bad tattoo. My favourite film in "the Empire strikes back" (hey, I was born in the 70s) and if I could have seen any gig in history, it'd have to be the Stooges circa 69/70. My real life first gig was Marillion in '84. Tonight I jammed with Fuckhammer, drank some red wine, and listened to Mudhoney.
Volume over talent
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

I'm John tierney 32year's old and little brother of Mark Tatter tierney.
I'm a roofing contractor from blackpool and run my own buisness.
I only started playing guitar about 18 months ago after year's of watching my bro's band's so i gave up fishing for carp to spend my life in a room with a matamp and some D*A*M fine fuzz.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

My name's Justin and I'm a pharmacist in the great state of Pennsylvania :banger:

Like a lot of others here (I think), Sabbath was one of my first true loves and inspires a lot of what I do today. As far as gear goes, '60s Fender Jazzmasters, Jaguars, and the Electric XII are my absolute favorites and what I treasure the most. I was lucky enough to get ahold of some real good ones 6 or 7 years ago and use them a ton. Also, I am a moderator over on the Offsetguitars.com site, which is a great, great place for anyone who digs these guitars. Stop on by! But for the heavier stuff I use either a Travis Bean or a p90 Gibson SG. For amps, a Green Matamp and a couple of '70s Oranges are where it stops for me. There's NOTHING better IMHO. I've used a '76 Orange Overdrive 120 as my main amp for the last 4 years or so and have never been happier. My D*A*M collection is slowly growing and at this point is 4/5s Meatheads :fu: The 1/5 is '66 number 87 which I adore. Dave and Linzi are making some of the absolute best products that I have ever seen or used. Thank you both! Anyway, I'm glad to be here. It's really cool to see a bunch of other people that enjoy these pedals and the noise they make. Thanks for keeping this forum moving forward Donovan!! It's definitely not an easy job.