Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Re: Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Welcome! Have any current favorites?
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Welcome fuzz friend
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
peps1

Post by peps1 »

electrosmog wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:34 am Hi, my name is Fil and I'm a fuzz addict from Toronto, Canada.

I came here because I heard y'all like to talk everything fuzz and, well, that suits me just fine.
Welcome, Fil!
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:22 pm Welcome! Have any current favorites?
Thanks!

A favourite? oooh that's a tough one. It would have to be either my Sola Sound MKII scb or the Electric Eye (I've got one of the ones Steve made with 2N270's in it... it's a raspy MF'er). I also have a Pro MKII built by Stu Castledine that has 3 OC82D green jackets in er'.... that one sounds divine too (Pretty close to what I imagine the Sola Sound Green Bastard would sound like). I'm waiting on a El Diablo to arrive and I have a feeling I'm really gonna like that one too.

You got a favourite?
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

electrosmog wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:34 pm
Thanks!

A favourite? oooh that's a tough one. It would have to be either my Sola Sound MKII scb or the Electric Eye (I've got one of the ones Steve made with 2N270's in it... it's a raspy MF'er). I also have a Pro MKII built by Stu Castledine that has 3 OC82D green jackets in er'.... that one sounds divine too (Pretty close to what I imagine the Sola Sound Green Bastard would sound like). I'm waiting on a El Diablo to arrive and I have a feeling I'm really gonna like that one too.

You got a favourite?
Been enjoying my Sola 1.5 Goldie and my Sola MK2 lately. Would love a crack at a SCB someday, congrats on the Diablo, if it's the one that was on reverb for a bit I tried to make it happen myself, maybe next time!
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:47 pm
electrosmog wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:34 pm
Thanks!

You got a favourite?
Been enjoying my Sola 1.5 Goldie and my Sola MK2 lately. Would love a crack at a SCB someday, congrats on the Diablo, if it's the one that was on reverb for a bit I tried to make it happen myself, maybe next time!
Yeah, it's the one that was on reverb up until a couple of days ago. It took several days of negotiating back and forth but finally was successful. The guy would not budge on the price for days.
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

I was in quarantine all last week with tons of time to kill so I posted my entire Fuzz collection to this album on facebook. If you like gut shots, there's tons in there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6678940 ... 396124829/
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

electrosmog wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:34 pm I was in quarantine all last week with tons of time to kill so I posted my entire Fuzz collection to this album on facebook. If you like gut shots, there's tons in there!

Hell of a collection, some real doozys in there!
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

electrosmog wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:34 pm I was in quarantine all last week with tons of time to kill so I posted my entire Fuzz collection to this album on facebook. If you like gut shots, there's tons in there!

Fucking hell what a pile. Congrats on an amazing collection!
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

I had introduced myself in the "recent acquisitions" thread but didn't know there was a dedicated thread for it. :cheers:
I go by a similar handle on IG and started collecting fuzz within just the past couple years once I finally figured out its quirks and how to make it work with my rig. I'm particularly fond of the MKI Tone Bender family including the Supa Fuzz proto and Zonks, though builds vary so much that I'm picky about the ones I like.

My favorite fuzzes I own include the DAM Supa Zee, Catledine Supa Fuzz, Ivor BC130 Fuzz Face, and a BG Harding Zonk. Here's a recent grab of my DAM pedals, not pictured are very recently acquired Toxic Avenger OKF and Hybrid Pro MK2. The Sola MK2 pictured is OC84 though I really don't know how much it differs from say an OC75 version. Thanks for having me :freakout:

Last edited by hamoftruth on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues