Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Re: Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

Post by Lach »

Nick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm Didn't know y'all had the Mighty Boosh over in the States :badteeth:
That's what I thought too!

And welcome Garrett!
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Nick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm Didn't know y'all had the Mighty Boosh over in the States :badteeth:
We love Howard Moon man of action in the States. Most of us were introduced to it when it had short runs on Adult Swim, Thanks everybody for the welcomes.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

1976@metal wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 am New member dropping in to say hi all ! Names Matt and I'm from Brighton UK. 6 months ago I thought I hated fuzz after 30 years of playing guitar ....and now it's pretty much all I think about. Better late than never eh !
Welcome mate - good to have you on board, as a fellow brightonian (Hove actually)

What made you like fuzz in the end? Was it the Meathead 1x knobber that I let you borrow?
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

Hey mate , good to hear from . Yeah that's what clinched it for me ....I didn't realise that fuzz pedals could sound like that prior to trying the Meathead , of which I'm now please to say I own two !
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

1976@metal wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:07 pm Hey mate , good to hear from . Yeah that's what clinched it for me ....I didn't realise that fuzz pedals could sound like that prior to trying the Meathead , of which I'm now please to say I own two !
I had a similar experience several years ago with a D*A*M Drag'n'Fly, was just instantly hooked by how great it sounded. It was a 2009 build. So much more character than the generic modern amp distortion I was used to. Before I always assumed Fuzz pedals were outdated and obsolete due to modern amp technology and the ability to get limitless sustain/gain at lower volumes with modern amps. Obviously now I cannot get enough of them, and i find myself hooking up my MK1's or MKII's every time I play.
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

TonnyHarrison wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 am
1976@metal wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:07 pm Hey mate , good to hear from . Yeah that's what clinched it for me ....I didn't realise that fuzz pedals could sound like that prior to trying the Meathead , of which I'm now please to say I own two !
I had a similar experience several years ago with a D*A*M Drag'n'Fly, was just instantly hooked by how great it sounded. It was a 2009 build. So much more character than the generic modern amp distortion I was used to. Before I always assumed Fuzz pedals were outdated and obsolete due to modern amp technology and the ability to get limitless sustain/gain at lower volumes with modern amps. Obviously now I cannot get enough of them, and i find myself hooking up my MK1's or MKII's every time I play.
Nice one mate , glad we're both on board now :cheers:
Yeah I always associated fuzz with Satisfaction by the Stones .....don't get me wrong , great song , band and sound ....but 100% not the kind of sound I'm personally after. Plugged in my Lucifer Rising yesterday and marveled again at the beautiful thick wall of fuzz ....that's the sound I've been looking for ! Got a Dope Priest on its way soon too , can't bloody wait :freakout:
upstateanalog

Post by upstateanalog »

Hello, my name is Justin. Been a lurker for quite a while, and stuck home these days due to current events. Figured I’d jump into some discussions and talk fuzz. I started off with Big Muff’s back in the 90’s and then found my first Colorsound (Wah-Fuzz) at the House of Guitars in Rochester, New York around twenty or so years ago, it’s been love since. I’ve got a ‘76 Supa Tonebender that is currently my main fuzz, it immediately replaced and ruined Rams Head Muffs for me. I’m in the middle of repairs on it and will likely be asking for some input soon. I’ve got a MKIV Brazilian on the way that I’m quite excited about!!
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Hello and welcome Justin :party:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
daCod

Post by daCod »

color me Jealous Justin. i've got the want for a Brazilian TB baaad :drool2:

oh yeah - welcome aboard!
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Welcome new comers!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...