Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Doveholes

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by Doveholes »

peps1 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:34 pm That is a hell of a find! Congratulations. Will give you £85!
Ha! Thank you. It was buried on Facebook Marketplace, no prices listed, prickly seller. Got chance to try it this weekend and it sounds fantastic.
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

Oh shit, I started off the week telling myself I wasn’t gonna buy any more gear and now I've gone and bought myself a 1959 Les Paul Jr.
jtoi1tl59fdmpxppxssw.jpeg
jtoi1tl59fdmpxppxssw.jpeg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
oof7mgqulnrv2f1phgrv(1).jpeg
oof7mgqulnrv2f1phgrv(1).jpeg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Wtffffff that guitar oh my! Glad you recanted on your no buy thoughts. This decision will reward you for the rest of your life. That is tops!!!
L O V E
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

Robapov wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:14 pm Wtffffff that guitar oh my! Glad you recanted on your no buy thoughts. This decision will reward you for the rest of your life. That is tops!!!
The stars really aligned on this one. It’s the guitar I’ve always wanted. Found it the week before my 50th birthday and my wife is on-board with the purchase. Gotta pounce when all systems are go!
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

Wow, condition of that! Congrats
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

The harpoon doesn't always hook the white whale, luckily it did this time. Pics stolen from the captain, but it should be here tomorrow

image hosting
image hosting
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Lovely. Happy 50th man!!! Well deserved axe.

electrosmog wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm
Robapov wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:14 pm Wtffffff that guitar oh my! Glad you recanted on your no buy thoughts. This decision will reward you for the rest of your life. That is tops!!!
The stars really aligned on this one. It’s the guitar I’ve always wanted. Found it the week before my 50th birthday and my wife is on-board with the purchase. Gotta pounce when all systems are go!
L O V E
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm The harpoon doesn't always hook the white whale, luckily it did this time. Pics stolen from the captain, but it should be here tomorrow

image hosting
image hosting
Make sure you warm it up as it sounds shit when it’s cold but awesome when it’s hot.
It’s the GE fuzz that likes high temps where others fart out :)

Congrats , great score!
Lach

Post by Lach »

electrosmog wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:21 pm Oh shit, I started off the week telling myself I wasn’t gonna buy any more gear and now I've gone and bought myself a 1959 Les Paul Jr.

Happy 50th mate! And damn... that is my dream guitar! I'm so into Juniors. Congrats
electrosmog

Post by electrosmog »

Lach wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 pm
electrosmog wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:21 pm Oh shit, I started off the week telling myself I wasn’t gonna buy any more gear and now I've gone and bought myself a 1959 Les Paul Jr.

Happy 50th mate! And damn... that is my dream guitar! I'm so into Juniors. Congrats
Thanks man... It's my dream guitar too. I've wanted one of these Jr's for so long and I can’t believe I finally have one. It only took me 50 years or so :oldgrin:

I love the simplicity of the thing... just a single P90, a tone control, volume control and a thick-ass neck to wrap your hand around. Sounds glorious with fuzz too!